Author Topic: Bugout kit: Now and Then  (Read 12526 times)

stuff has hit the fan, there's violence in all of the major cities, and news anchors on every channel are saying NOWHERE is safe. Martial law has been announced, but most of the military has fragmented into those that have cracked under the pressure, those that went back to their families, and those that stand by their orders. You have one hour to gather up as much supplies as you can, and to bug out. Where isn't important. When is now. What... well, nobody knows. But lo! It was all just a dream! Continue on with your life... But what if it truly occurs 5 years down the road? How will you prepare then..?

Innawoods was originally an indie game being developed to work in a much similar fashion to DayZ. Due to lack of time/effort/Idontforgetin'know, the creator of Innawoods dropped the project, but kept a survival-dress-up-sim alive on the site. It's been featured here on the forums plenty of times, mostly for "What is your dream loadout?" type topics, but I'm curious as to what we currently have, and what we wish we had in terms of bug-out kits or just general gear around the house.

Define: bugout kit- noun
The focus is on evacuation, rather than long-term survival, distinguishing the bug-out bag from a survival kit, a boating or aviation emergency kit, or a fixed-site disaster supplies kit. The kits are also popular in the survivalism subculture.

Here's what to do

Step 1- click the link at the bottom of this OP (Go to the link now)

Step 2- Admire your naked body

mmmmm, pale white man

Step 3- Figure out what you could/would/should bring with you to survive.*

Step 4- Click the save botton (right side of the UI, below all of the options, it's there I promise.)

Step 5- Clear it all and start a new setup.

Step 6- This time, fill out your slots with the gear you plan on/wish you had 5 years from now, wherever you may be. The key is to be realistic about it. If you're in elementary school, I'm sorry but no you won't have a rifle (US law dictates the legal age to own a long-arm is 18, pistols/small-arms is 21).

Step 7- Use your image-hosting site of preference. I've recommended three sites below this-

Step 9- Share the two images. If you do not clarify, it will be assumed that whichever image is closer to the left, or the top, is your NOW image, and the image closer to the bottom or right is your THEN image.

Step 10- go back and fill as many slots as you can with rocket launchers and hotdogs

Step 11- see how many messages you can send to me with your Step 10 images

Step 12- realize I skipped Step 8

*Survival is going to vary person-to-person. For example, I live in North Carolina. We have mild but humid summers, and we have mild winters. Much of the area is suburban, however there are several large cities, and coastline along the east of our state's borders. For me, I would rather be in the woods in a bug-out scenario. However, someone else may opt to stay home and bunker down. Or to head into open mountains. This changes a lot of things between each scenario- your gear, your tools, maybe even your weapons.

FOR SAKE OF REALISM, DO NOT INCLUDE ITEMS THAT ARE NOT YOUR OWN IN EITHER IMAGE (unless you're just forgetin' around, then sure line your pockets with improvised explosive for all I care.) The idea is to see what YOU yourself own, and what you might consider in the near future.

I personally believe the best time to travel is dusk and dawn. The darker the better.
It takes a keen eye to see a dark figure moving in a dark area (unless you are silhouetted against the rising sun.),
making traversing forest and plain areas much safer.
I also have plans to move into an apartment with Thorfin25, hence why there are two images there.

Go inna woods

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:06:44 PM by AdinX »

itt: apocalypse procrastination

buut hey, i'll bite anyways. once I get on a flash enabled computer I'll make one.

i could pull this off maybe

Music will save us all.

But in all seriousness, I'll make a serious one eventually.

i am going to disqualify (with my mind) anyone who puts in a military rifle. if you purchase an AK47 4 years from now you are insane

@OP

change it so that it has to be stuff you have now. it would be a lot more interesting then stuff you might have in the future. it's just neat to see what people would look like with their current stuff

me with things i already own: (yes i have a gas-mask)

19 pounds.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:45:46 PM by McZealot »

Is there something wrong with an AK or...

hooray southern living

ill find shotgun ammo eventually

i am going to disqualify (with my mind) anyone who puts in a military rifle. if you purchase an AK47 4 years from now you are insane
Uh oh, you summoned me.

Just because a fire-arm looks like a military weapon does not mean its a military weapon. How a weapon looks on the outside is purely comestic. You can buy a legal semi-automatic AR-15 and AK47. The technology inside of them is about 100 years old and functions the same as the semi automatic .22 rifle here:

The wooden part is nothing more than a shell used to house all the components. Now Observe when you remove all those components and move then into a new shell you get this:

Same rifle, same parts, just more scary looking.

Watch this video if you have the time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB8gNCnLDZI

this I could probably pull off
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:10:27 PM by Tudoreleu »

This is what I wish I could have.

change it so that it has to be stuff you have now. it would be a lot more interesting then stuff you might have in the future. it's just neat to see what people would look like with their current stuff
Thank you for fully reading the OP

Step 3- Figure out what you could/would/should bring with you to survive.*

Step 4- Click the save botton (right side of the UI, below all of the options, it's there I promise.)

Step 5- Clear it all and start a new setup.

Step 6- This time, fill out your slots with the gear you plan on/wish you had 5 years from now, wherever you may be. The key is to be realistic about it. If you're in elementary school, I'm sorry but no you won't have a rifle (US law dictates the legal age to own a long-arm is 18, pistols/small-arms is 21).

Step 9- Share the two images. If you do not clarify, it will be assumed that whichever image is closer to the left, or the top, is your NOW image, and the image closer to the bottom or right is your THEN image.

Also,
5 years*
Why? The AK47 is an extremely reliable rifle, and you can buy one as a civilian as a semi-automatic. And getting a Class 3 license isn't difficult at all. I fully plan on buying a license for silencers, and I plan on owning multiple firearms, none of which will be wooden-framed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:25:51 PM by AdinX »

This is quite real to my pack.
cept my 870 is the 18.5 inch express and uses a pistol grip.
and i have tons of other smaller items.
total without gun in hand is only 72 pounds.

idk why people are including geiger counters, not like there's nuclear holocaust in the US, only thing I insinuated was widespread panic and every man for himself

a man from a private military in colombia

would u stuff if you had to fight this guy, also he is the new gensec person