Author Topic: BLPortal  (Read 9023 times)

A project I've been working on is almost complete, I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS! Couldn't resist. Ok, anyways, I need a model and two portal-looking spheres. I suggest you don't make the portal gun like the portal one, be creative! Ok, I need two portal-ish textured spheres with LOScol and col for my Portal mod (Yes, in fact, mod not add-on) Also, I need mappers to work on levels for it. Use tutorial triggers please! Also, you can sign up for beta. Thanks!

Beta Testers:

• Marcem (duh.)
  • dUMBELLS
  • Squarehead

Mappers:

• Marcem

Scripters:

• Marcem

P.S. Hey SpaceGuy, could I use your Gravity Gun for this?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:54:11 PM by Marcem »

Err, I meant the first model being the gun. EDIT: Here's the script! I edited the other portal gun. NOTE: This is just a beta, and it may be released later today once i get wall unsticking and portal deleting done.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 08:57:25 AM by Marcem »

Why does that script look almost exactly like mine, but has a few model and name changes?

Btw, I had a plan to revamp my Portal gun so it has less bugs, maybe carries momentum. Guess it's not needed now.

Well, if Alo's mod went down, than Marcem gets the models I made for him.

Why does that script look almost exactly like mine, but has a few model and name changes?

Btw, I had a plan to revamp my Portal gun so it has less bugs, maybe carries momentum. Guess it's not needed now.
LOL, I used most of your code, then just messed with it, I give you HUGE credit.

Are the portals still large blocks, or did you make them flat?

They're flat, but still look like blocks.

Is it possible to make them change direction, depepnding on the surface?

I don't think, but I use spheres.

I believe it is but I dont know how to do it( I had an edit that had glitchy surface detecting, but theres probably a better way)

Exactly what I'm working on.  Or to be more precise, looking for someone to help me with. :cookieMonster:

make it so it doesnt go trogh plates and stick into blocks

make it so it doesnt go trogh plates and stick into blocks
Uh, I'm making specific levels for this, can you read?

i know but it would be cool if you could biuld your own levels and use it universaly.

i know but it would be cool if you could biuld your own levels and use it universaly.
It won't be online, I'm working on the script for online servers though.