Author Topic: BLPortal  (Read 9017 times)

can you please unban me from your server i acidently walked into one portal that led inside

i want be a beta tester too!

I just need a model for the gun (the portals use particle effects) and a few fixes and then it's done...
As soon as my milkshape key I finally bought gets emailed to me I'll start one for you.

Anyone in my server for the past few days has probably seen the portal gun I have.

It teleports players, projectiles and vehicles.
It sticks to walls the correct way.
It carries momentum, infinite loops are possible. You don't 'slam into the portal' and then lose all momentum.
Trust system, can't place under non-trusted players (Full) or use other's portals (Build) unless you change the settings in the file.
It deletes itself if you die or leave the game.
Portal-Proof bricks. (Needs saving...)
Portal-Style player. (No fall damage, regenerating health, lower jump, no jets)
Works on bricks, interiors, terrain and statics.

I just need a model for the gun (the portals use particle effects) and a few fixes and then it's done...

do want!
p.s. firefox thinks teleports is a typo XD

Wow, leave for a few days and look what you get...
NICE work! :cookie:!

ami doin it rite?

Also, Spaceguy, the green thing can change color with the color shift so if you can find a way to change the color shift of the gun after it shoots then that would be a cool thing to have.

Guys, this is BLPortal, not help Space Guy with his modeling needs. (Unless he gives me rights to use the script.)

But if Space guy's portal is released and used in this, then my pictures as posible models would be of some relevance.

But if Space guy's portal is released and used in this, then my pictures as posible models would be of some relevance.
'Sactly what I said. Also, I'm leader of the project and I would love Space to do that highly improbable thing.

Lol @ "This is a mod, not an Add-On."  No, it's an Add-On.  I would just give up now since Space Guy is so close to completion and his portals function better than any you could hope to produce.  The cake was a lie.

@ladios: that model looks good, but the barrel seems a bit to long.. but other then that i like it!

@SpaceGuy: Is the device going to have a way of picking things up, or do you have to use the gravity gun?

I think the idea would be a combination weapon that creates Portals and can manipulate (rotate / move) certain types of objects (vehicles, cubes, etc.).

Lol @ "This is a mod, not an Add-On."  No, it's an Add-On.  I would just give up now since Space Guy is so close to completion and his portals function better than any you could hope to produce.  The cake was a lie.
Well, In  Also, in fact, I'm working on a mod system, that loads a main.cs in another folder. Also, he is making a weapon type thing, I'm making a mod type thing where there are levels you can complete but then again, the project is pretty much dead until we have a few more scripters and mappers.

I have some sounds (directly from Portal) if you want 'em.

The portal opening sounds are coming.

Ladios, the barrel is a bit thick, and long. Maybe half as long would be good.

Shooting sounds: