Author Topic: Cat caught a bat in the house; Im gonna die  (Read 1502 times)

Cats are natural predators that hunt rodents and other small critters all the time. I would only worry if your cat got bit.

Like seriously, don't fix what isn't broken.

My cat killed a hornet once and ate its wings only... I always said that my cat is "special"

my dad came home and thinks my sister is crazy too lol

pill popper generation dosnt understand. meds meds meds, just take them even if they arent needed.
Yeah my mom will buy massive Costco bottles of Advil and go through it fairly quick. I think she takes them for like everyday "just finished an 8 hour shift" type sorenesses or something

The reason everyone freaks out about rabies though is cuz once symptoms appear, it's too late to treat and you're (almost) guaranteed going to die

The reason everyone freaks out about rabies though is cuz once symptoms appear, it's too late to treat and you're (almost) guaranteed going to die
Yeah, to be fair, if there are diseases you want to be proactive, or at least fast to respond to, it's things like Rabies and Meningitis.

Why don't we just stop vaccinating children altogether? WHO NEEDS PROTECTION FROM SMALLPOX ANYWAYS
Wasn't smallpox eradicated in 1979?...
If tat was a joke it flew right over my head.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:54:21 PM by AtlasBlue »

for me

chances of dying from smallpox < chances of dying from smallpox vaccine

ok that doesnt really make sense but theres a chance i could die if I got the smallpox vaccine

Uh, no one gets the smallpox vaccine, because smallpox is 100% eradicated in the wild.
The only places it exists are in secure biolabs in Russia and the USA (officially). Other countries do have stores too, such as the UK.

Uh, no one gets the smallpox vaccine, because smallpox is 100% eradicated in the wild.
The only places it exists are in secure biolabs in Russia and the USA (officially). Other countries do have stores too, such as the UK.
Well I said that because when you're deployed in the military they give you the smallpox vaccine. Thats why I cant join.

since i found my cat didnt have rabies and im not dead after he had his autopsy at the vet, he actually had very similar symptoms to rabies,  but it turned out it was a neurological disorder or something because a few weeks earlier he was dropped on his head but he was acting fine after we recalled that event. the autopsy came up negative for rabies
heres a few facts
1. you can not get infected with anything UNTIL hes/shes rabid
2. at the most you're going to need about 5 shots
3. you have a lot of time, incubation period can be from about a month to at the maximum a year
4. if you got bitten or scratched, get to the ER. NOW, if you didnt get scratched or bitten, you should be fine, but get the shots just incase, if you didnt get bitten/scratched you only need probably 2 shots or something, because it is spread through saliva

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:33:19 PM by Maxxi »

since i found my cat didnt have rabies and im not dead after he had his autopsy at the vet, he actually had very similar symptoms to rabies,  but it turned out it was a neurological disorder or something because a few weeks earlier he was dropped on his head but he was acting fine after we recalled that event. the autopsy came up negative for rabies
Why would you need an autopsy to check for rabies? A blood test would be enough.
Are you thinking of something else, maybe?
An autopsy is what you do after something dies, to determine the cause of death.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:37:43 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Well I said that because when you're deployed in the military they give you the smallpox vaccine. Thats why I cant join.
Well no military doesn't want their troops getting killed off by a weaponized version of the virus. Also are you that allergic to a vaccine?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:22:32 PM by Harm94 »

Why would you need an autopsy to check for rabies? A blood test would be enough.
Are you thinking of something else, maybe?
An autopsy is what you do after something dies, to determine the cause of death.
maybe they put their cat down