2 (9.1%)
Framed old terrain/interior model.
1 (4.5%)
Badspot Poster.
6 (27.3%)
Other (Specify in a reply).
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Fun with Static Shapes (BEDROOM, Asteroids, Earth...)  (Read 11819 times)

How I made the bedroom is a simple process. There arent too many static shapes (only 5 different static shape objects in the bedroom at the moment), which i basically put major props into 1 object and "stitched" them together. It is as efficient as it will allow with the 9 collision shapes per model (I believe).
The exact number of static shapes doesn't matters much as the poly count within everything. It doesn't look like a lot right now, at least.

i miss the old bedroom so i want someone to make one thats completely different
?????

?????
It's not so much missing the old bedroom, as missing what the old bedroom represented
It represented exploring maps, building what you want in an environment
It represented new players having their first sandbox experience after completing the tutorial
It represented finding secrets and sharing them with people you've never met friends
It doesn't matter that the bedroom isn't the same, what matters is that we have it
We have the capability to bring back maps
This is just one of the first times someone's really tried

It's not so much missing the old bedroom, as missing what the old bedroom represented
It represented exploring maps, building what you want in an environment
It represented new players having their first sandbox experience after completing the tutorial
It represented finding secrets and sharing them with people you've never met friends
It doesn't matter that the bedroom isn't the same, what matters is that we have it
We have the capability to bring back maps
This is just one of the first times someone's really tried

It's still a memorable map, though.
This kinda makes me want to make my own bedroom with statics.

?????

The problem is actually getting the bedroom's model. Which is one of the reasons I made a new one.

The problem is actually getting the bedroom's model. Which is one of the reasons I made a new one.
Not a problem.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dbwvo5chwvbkfp4/Bedroom.blend

The exact number of static shapes doesn't matters much as the poly count within everything. It doesn't look like a lot right now, at least.
Or, more accurately, how many faces have to be processed.

oh my gosh i am feeling nostalgic again ;-;

So you are saying you can make a building or building interior for say like a movie then you can add more brick detail when you spawn in said static shape?

I'd like to know what u guys want to see as a static shape ingame, and i will try to make it possible (depending on difficulty)
Since the slopes are infinite, and a little harder to map out to work with slate, do the Kitchen first.

It's amazing how you made it to look like terrain I rate it a 10/10.