Poll

which one would you most prefer (i need to add/update more banners)

DANKEST DARKEST DEPTHS: The Dungeon

Author Topic: Unfinished Projectsland pt. II \\ just a bump don't worry gamers  (Read 80284 times)

Still looks good though.

hi i'm bumping this again. nothing too new recently because killing floor 2 and a bunch of development stuff in unreal 4 so i need some new material to keep myself motivated. anyone got any ideas to throw at me to include in some projects?? :)

what i'm specifically looking for is activities to do in RRPG. while it's a combat RPG and you can fight or sort of collect materials here and there to create things, i feel like there can be a lot more to do between those. the issue with that is thinking of what would/wouldn't be considered incredibly grindy.

also ideas to improve the gameplay aspects like combat in selective/dweller would be sweet
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:58:27 PM by Kobewarrior »

^ "Project Tentacle Hentai Simulator" needs some ideas regarding possible storyline and gameplay as well. We hardly got stuff built and it's more anticipated than Dweller or Selective.

jesus christ I thought that was another game at first

loving beautiful. You are a real master of atmosphere, this really inspires me to get back into blockland. Can I ask though, how are you dealing with the 8 max visible lights problem, and how did you create the shake effect?

loving beautiful. You are a real master of atmosphere, this really inspires me to get back into blockland. Can I ask though, how are you dealing with the 8 max visible lights problem, and how did you create the shake effect?
whoa what an honor to receive such a title

i actually hadn't thought about the 8 lights thing haha. as far as it goes right now there's nothing toying around with them, but if the need or time comes I might try doing some checks to see which zone brick the player is in and activate the lights in that area accordingly. of course this trick is easier to pull off with a single player so i'm gonna have to get creative if there happens to be more than one player. it also takes smart placement of ambient lights to reduce the need of other light spots. most of the lights are just dim/dimmer lights with no flare on an invisible brick just about a good distance from its source.

for camera shaking i am using the low/med/large test explosions on a relay towards the player that i believe come from amade's elemental spells.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:04:17 AM by Kobewarrior »

How did you get the gif from the right into the game? Is that a green screen of some sorts.

Its a print change event set on a loop I think

Its a print change event set on a loop I think

That's actually pretty useful when either showcasing updates in the form of pictures or advertisements. Could someone tell me how?

Is that a green screen of some sorts.
everything in the video was done in-game so i couldn't let myself do that

That's actually pretty useful when either showcasing updates in the form of pictures or advertisements. Could someone tell me how?
Event_Print - pretty self explanatory in terms of use. setprint and just scroll through the file names of different prints (leave the white box for numbers).