0 (0%)
Jibblito
0 (0%)
Ethan
0 (0%)
Pie Crust
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Logical - The clan for Logical Gates [CLAN IS DEAD]  (Read 18164 times)

I'm currently doing an Engineering Masterclass, and we spent 3 hours on Logic Gates. Quite complicated.

We spent only an hour in our compy tech class on logic gates. They are pretty simple when they come to computers. And, or, (e)x(clusive)or. It was fun.

Logic Gate classes start for the Students, Others are welcome to come. If you are experienced enough I might assign you with a student to do projects/tutor.

What we will be learning:

What Logic Gates are.
How they work.
How 8-bit RAM bricks work.

Class Schedule:

December 6th, 2014.

Starts 1:30 PM Saturday | Ends 2:30 PM Saturday

From 1:30-1:45 We will learn what logic gates are and how they work
From 1:46-1:50 You can freebuild/leave to go play
From 1:51-2:30 We will learn how RAM works and do some projects with different gates.

Then Class ends.

Server Information:

Host: Nuclear Bear
IP: 192.168.1.5
Password: N/A at 1:30PM
Dedicated: No
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:17:23 PM by Ducky duck »

Is there any teaching sessions?

I allready know some but i would like to know everything about the logic mod.

Is there any teaching sessions?

I allready know some but i would like to know everything about the logic mod.

Not today, Saturday tho for public sessions.
PM me and I might privately tutor you.

Sorry about the mixup guys, I got stuck doing stuff IRL.

Meeting is rescheduled for December since Thanks Giving is coming up.

Sorry about the mixup guys, I got stuck doing stuff IRL.

Meeting is rescheduled for December since Thanks Giving is coming up.
Why cant we do it on november 28 that is after thanksgiving and also no school

Also I am noob at both blockland and its forums so how do I pm?

what

hey dude, um, there's this pretty cool button called "help". most people don't use it, but it does help noobs like you and your mom. so like, it's this button that is below the "Hey Hawt, you have 81 messages, 0 are new." thingy which is different for you. so you might not see it epsecally if you're 8.

forget that just press the help button up top

Because people might still be meeting with families and stuff. I don't wan't to get in the way of anyone's social life.

what

hey dude, um, there's this pretty cool button called "help". most people don't use it, but it does help noobs like you and your mom. so like, it's this button that is below the "Hey Hawt, you have 81 messages, 0 are new." thingy which is different for you. so you might not see it epsecally if you're 8.

forget that just press the help button up top
ik about help but i forgot lol.

Because people might still be meeting with families and stuff. I don't wan't to get in the way of anyone's social life.
oh yeah I was at indaina for monday-friday with no computer at a place with no inernet!

Application:
Have designed many compact computing components using only relay/projectile logic.
Including storage medium with a near 1brick/bit capacity (slow) Several potentially faster but slightly less dense projects that still need research.
1 brick functional full adder and xor gates. All other gates can also be done with one brick if you approach things as a state machine.
Fully functional and documented 16x32x(16x3) 4 function ALU
Functional but less well documented 16x8x16 alu.
Had an 8x4x4 one, but have lost the save for it. Should be trivial to rebuild.
Has been like five years since I did anything serious in blockland, so bear with me as I relearn what I did.

I have been having some ideas lately for a more efficent base technology. My current models use a combination of relays and projectile(radiowave), but that tends to get pretty loud and you have to up the max events to get it to run at any decent speed.
I have been thinking about some ideas for reducing this overhead by letting certain signals propagate without a clock or by only sending a signal when the value of a gate changes.

Clan will be Dormant for a few days.

what day is it today oh 5th I still have time to the 6th then.. 1 hour time? where is that anyway, im in Germany so my timeline might be different.
oh I wanted to join right

IGN: }]Crazy[{
BL_ID:16362
Steam:CrazyBlockhead
Email: via PM if accepted
Time Zone: GERMANY
Logic Gate skills: I made a calculator that subtracts/adds until 7. yay me.

what day is it today oh 5th I still have time to the 6th then.. 1 hour time? where is that anyway, im in Germany so my timeline might be different.
oh I wanted to join right

IGN: }]Crazy[{
BL_ID:16362
Steam:CrazyBlockhead
Email: via PM if accepted
Time Zone: GERMANY
Logic Gate skills: I made a calculator that subtracts/adds until 7. yay me.

Accepted