Author Topic: Horse override not mounting correctly  (Read 886 times)

Hello
I have a custom script that is supposed to automount you to a horse based playertype
Code: [Select]
%horse.mountObject(%obj,0);
The problem is it mounts it to what would be the horse's right hand slot for holding weapons.
If I
Code: [Select]
%horse.mountObject(%obj,2);
The player lands in the correct slot but is unable to control the horse.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I have been looking over other scripts and they don't seem to do anything differently.

HAve you tried %obj.client.setControlObject(%horse);?

...after mounting of course. ;)

*grumble grumble*

Well it works for now thanks, the problem is of course it now removes control from the player. I can of course override the triggers to the player's object but its a bit too manual for how I would think it should work. It also screws with the camera placement unless I change it manually, but it conveniently works for the player in this context, but I still think there is another way to go about this I am missing.

If it is actually a bot, then just put %obj.controlOnMount=1; on the function PlayerDataName::onAdd(%this,%obj)

If it is actually a bot, then just put %obj.controlOnMount=1; on the function PlayerDataName::onAdd(%this,%obj)
Was one of the first things I tried, yeah, it wouldnt work unless I was still in the incorrect slot. As I am going to be manually changing the player's image states anyways it works for my purposes to be just assigning control to the overall horse and handle the triggers on my own.