Application Administrator [Released!]

Poll

RTB Server Control should replace to new Review GUI?

Yes, Good idea!
7 (50%)
No, I like classic RTB Server Control
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Application Administrator [Released!]  (Read 15666 times)

I think all that's left to do is fix the denied / blacklist reason from being cut-off
Yeah. I had to fix that on the form GUI.

Can't wait to test it.
Yeah, I'll message all of the testers shortly; I'm thinking of hosting the beta tomorrow around 12pm Pacific time (2pm Central and 3pm Eastern).

I hosted a pre-beta test today with jes00, and caught some issues that still need to be fixed.

Fixed:
  • Blacklist reason not showing up when trying to reapply while being blacklisted.
  • Chat filter issues and improved the filter to take special characters into account.
  • App data being deleted when blacklsiting an application

Still To Do / Fix:
Major
  • Fix spam filter for serverCmdAdminApp_receiveForm (jes00 knows about this lol - sorry).
  • Look into app data not showing properly in the Review GUI, in the beginning of testing (seemed to be caused by indenting in the app?).
  • finalize messagebox font formats and colors.
  • Fix text / reason being cut off due to network strings limit. This goes for notifying a player if denied / blacklisted, if they try to reapply and are notified of being blacklisted, or if they join the server and are notified then about their app being denied / blacklisted. Although jes00 said he already fix this.
  • Look into issue with application being deleted when unblacklisting a player (Found out it's a dedicated server issue. The file didn't get deleted, but the apps list didn't refresh properly.)
  • Test sending large applications over the network.

Minor
  • Prevent Review GUI from being opened if not host? (server commands take care of security though).
  • Double check adminApp_isHost()?.
  • Double check dedicated server support and reapply limits - for when an application is denied.
  • Test notifying players on server join, if not present on the server to be notified prior. Although this was already tested and should work, just gotta be careful not to exceed 255 characters in messages
  • Improve chat filter? (To prevent players from asking for admin).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:40:21 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

How was beta test last weekened?

How was beta test last weekened?
It went fairly well, some issue still came up though that I'll be addressing today. I did resolve some issues during the beta as well, such as with the chat filter and with sending large apps. We will have to do a pre-release test, but you, me and jes00 can take care of that. Thanks again to catzoo and ZombeKillz for joining and helping test yesterday. :) Still to do:

- Denyed / Blacklisted reason cut-off (on host response to app, on server rejoin message and on reapply while blacklisted)[DONE - test to be sure]
- Fix resetting of sent-amount for spam filter for AdminApp_ReceiveForm function.[DONE]
- Fix issue with listing app data in review gui when new line breaks are included. (<br> <color:######> etc. all work though, so maybe we can filter out line breaks and recommend using those instead)[DONE]
- Re-implement deleting old apps when passing reapply check.[DONE]
- Fix app data still being cutoff when blacklisting someone (seems to happen randomly though)[DONE]
- Other minor stuff (finalize scripts, remove all / some echo cmds, finalize messagebox notification colors and fonts (make sure each is < 255 chars)[DONE - Test], tweak chat filter, change color of reapply limit setting to white when everyone is notified of changes via chat[DONE], simplify error when reapplying and already admin/super[DONE], prevent opening review gui if not host?[skip], fix refreshing apps list on dedicated server?,check isHost check function?[DONE - test to be sure], check MAC support)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:47:53 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Thanks! We are very closing to being completely done.

Haven't been able to script because the last file you sent me had no server.cs

Haven't been able to script because the last file you sent me had no server.cs
Oh, I think I gave you the same link I gave to the testers, with only the client-side files. Sorry, I'll send both you and Furling the new files shortly.

I finished everything though, such as fixed more issues; finalized the host and applicant messages, and took into account font-formatting, text-colors and the character-limit; cleaned up the scripts, removed functions I considered unnecessary and removed unneeded echos; found a solution to the "newline" issue I messaged you about before (the form now just notifies players to use <br> instead); and updated the MAC support to include the new or deleted files. We will need to double check the MAC support though as I'm not too familiar with it. Also, I wasn't able to resolve the issue with refreshing the apps list on dedicated servers, but that's too crucial to fix.

I think all that needs to be done now is to run some pre-release tests and finally to release it. We will have to update the download link variable in server.cs, which means I'll have to create the topic prior to packaging the files.

Oh, I think I gave you the same link I gave to the testers, with only the client-side files. Sorry, I'll send both you and Furling the new files shortly.
Cool beans.
found a solution to the "newline" issue I messaged you about before (the form now just notifies players to use <br> instead);
I'm still not too sure what the problem was with new lines. Did it cut some of the text off? Did the new lines just not appear?
updated the MAC support to include the new or deleted files. We will need to double check the MAC support though as I'm not too familiar with it.
What do you mean? You shouldn't have to do anything different for Macs.
Also, I wasn't able to resolve the issue with refreshing the apps list on dedicated servers, but that's too crucial to fix.
We can always just figure that out later and fix it in version two.

We should also make the review and form GUI nicer in version two. Like change the ugly default buttons.

I'm still not too sure what the problem was with new lines. Did it cut some of the text off? Did the new lines just not appear?
When the player would hit enter to start a new line, it would save that newline break as a certain ascii character. But, when reading the file to send the app data to the host's review gui, it would treat that character as a new line in the file itself, so newline-text would instead show up where it wasn't supposed to, like in the admin position text, etc.

What do you mean? You shouldn't have to do anything different for Macs.
I mean I added support for the new response gui file and picture file I included recently. I also removed support for the support_client.cs file - I didn't think the file was necessary to keep because the keybind option didn't show up for me or Furling at all. Plus, the old keybind system is less complex I think, esp. for players to locate the category. I'm open to changing it back, but I prefer the old system that was used.

We can always just figure that out later and fix it in version two.
We should also make the review and form GUI nicer in version two. Like change the ugly default buttons.
Opps, I meant it's not* too crucial to fix. Yeah, that's fine. And yeah, we can update it later. Right now though, I just want to finish this because I need to move on to other projects.

I am going update the credit for the color change yellow to blue and chat link.
I just updated the credit color change yellow to blue, easy to read it aslo I have replace the link at OP (Applications Modification Discussion). Applications Add-ons change to Applications Modification Discussion. I sent the file to [GSF]Ghost. I am use He will sent to Jes00 soon.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:49:37 PM by Furling² »

In few hour, we will release it... are you excitied about that?

In few hour, we will release it... are you excitied about that?
I am.