Application Administrator [Released!]

Poll

RTB Server Control should replace to new Review GUI?

Yes, Good idea!
7 (50%)
No, I like classic RTB Server Control
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Application Administrator [Released!]  (Read 15655 times)

Have you finished the options GUI GSF? I've kinda been waiting...

Have you finished the options GUI GSF? I've kinda been waiting...
I was talking with Furling about it, and we decided to revert back to the old GUI. For now, we don't really need a option for manually adding / removing people from the blacklist, nor admin app preferences; that can wait for a second version. Also, I'll set it up to only show the response buttons for pending applications, then the host can use RTB if they wish for further admin control. Right now I just want to finish a stable version as soon as possible, and host the beta afterward.

Could I beta test too?
Of course! We certainly need testers; I'll message all the testers as soon as we are ready.

BTW, I made a lot of progress; I think we're just about done. I'll send y'all the new files shortly.

Finished:
  • Reverted back to old GUI (removing the options menu). However, the Admin and Super-Admin category listing options have been removed. Instead, a player's app should be deleted if they are given an admin position.
  • Kept Blacklist and Deny category listing of apps. If the deny category is selected the Deny response button will change to unDeny, (and the other buttons will be hidden), allows the host the undo that action for the selected app. Likewise for the blacklist category.
  • The reapply limits option has been finished. You can now select anywhere from days, weeks or even months, to preventing new applications from being received. It also automatically checks if a player has been blacklisted or already has an admin position beforehand.
  • Added saving, loading and updating of reapply limit option - it's automatically saved once you select an option from the popup menu.
  • Added "size" option to listing apps.
  • Added saving of date and time to apps, as well as listing them in the review gui.
  • Created a new gui for typing a response message to denying or blacklisting an application, as well as to confirm the decision.

Still To Do:
    Major tasks:
    • Fix loading the reapply limit preference into the review gui popup menu (it executes the server command from the popup menu when the gui is loaded for some reason, and sets it to the default setting each time). It's currently saved in config/server/adminapp/prefs.cs, but maybe we can save it to config/server/prefs.cs instead?
    • Change saving of blacklisted apps from an exported server variable to saving the app in the Blacklist category.
    • Finish unDeny function.

Minor tasks:
    • Rename vars used for saving an application, since it's best not to save apps by exporting vars in my opinion - that would be best for saving and loading preferences.
    • Check player id when selecting a response to a selected id in the app list (i.e. admin, super-admin, deny, blacklist, undeny, unblacklist) (?)
    • Finalize fonts for messages sent to clients, and prevent exceeding strings limit for denied / blacklisted message (default text + response text). The response text limit is set to 190 characters for now in the new gui.
    • Make sure host is given a confirmation msg when a response is taken to an app (?).
    • Remove messaging a player of the host's response to their app, when joining the server (?).
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:21:51 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

• Remove messaging a player of the host's response to their app, when joining the server (?).
    Why?

Why?
    It's just a recommendation. If I understand how it's set up - it might be annoying to be notified each time a player joins, regarding their application's status. Especially if they were already notified on the server. What do you think?

It's just a recommendation. If I understand how it's set up - it might be annoying to be notified each time a player joins, regarding their application's status. Especially if they were already notified on the server. What do you think?
    Whatever are you talking about?

When someone's application is reviewed and they're not on the server, they're notified when they next join the server and then they're not notified again. Are you thinking that the host is notified?

I talked to [GSF]Ghost about plan beta test on this weekend, He will sent PM for the details with DL link.
    He will invite a few people join to Ghost's server.
    Invite Beta tester:

Greek2me
    ZombieKiller
    catzoo
    Advanced Bot/Visolator
    Jes00

Whatever are you talking about?

When someone's application is reviewed and they're not on the server, they're notified when they next join the server and then they're not notified again. Are you thinking that the host is notified?
    Oh okay, that's fine then. I thought it was set up to message a player every time they first join the server via autoAdminCheck, regardless if they were already messaged prior.

I talked to [GSF]Ghost about plan beta test on this weekend, He will sent PM for the details with DL link.
    He will invite a few people join to Ghost's server.
    Invite Beta tester:

Greek2me
    ZombieKiller
    catzoo
    Advanced Bot/Visolator
    Jes00
    Yup yup, I need to fix some issues that came up when we were testing, but Sunday should work.

Yup yup, I need to fix some issues that came up when we were testing, but Sunday should work.
    Don't think I'll have the time to test it. I'm going to church and then I'm playing a football game after. But that's ok. Do it without me.

Don't think I'll have the time to test it. I'm going to church and then I'm playing a football game after. But that's ok. Do it without me.
    Okay, maybe you and Furling can join my server tomorrow, and then I can host another beta on Sunday for the other testers. Would that work?

Edit: Everything is basically done! I'll send y'all the files tomorrow.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:30:37 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Okay, maybe you and Furling can join my server tomorrow, and then I can host another beta on Sunday for the other testers. Would that work?

Edit: Everything is basically done! I'll send y'all the files tomorrow.
    yup yup yup yup yup yup yup!

I'm getting ready to send y'all the files now. Here's what I've done since last time:

• Fixed issues with reapply (copying old apps), responding to apps and refreshing apps list on response
    • Finalized spam filters
    • Added chat filter that prevents players from asking for admin, based on certain keywords (if they do, it notifies them to download the add-on and fill out an application instead)
    • Fixed saving, loading and updating preferences to config/server/prefs.cs (now notifies everyone via chat when changed)
    • Changed army-time to normal-time when reviewing apps in the gui
    • Finalized messaging system. Both the host and the applicant are notified when a response is made successfully to an app. If the applicant isn't on the server, they are notified the next time they join. Also, when a new app is received and the host isn't on the server, they are instead notified the next time they join, as well.
    • Finalized unDenying and unBlacklisting apps (unBlacklisting clears blacklist message from app)
    • Changed variable names (since apps are not longer saved by exporing variables)
    • Finalized relative join message for players, depending on sync-check of client and server versions.
    • Added auto-app list updating for the host, when responding to an application.
    • Fixed issue with admin position data being deleted when blacklisting an application.

Everything should be ready for the official test tomorrow. I think all that's left to do is fix the denied / blacklist reason from being cut-off, and finalize the messagebox notification fonts.
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:10:30 PM by [GSF]Ghost »