Application Administrator [Released!]

Poll

RTB Server Control should replace to new Review GUI?

Yes, Good idea!
7 (50%)
No, I like classic RTB Server Control
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Application Administrator [Released!]  (Read 15639 times)

The only option we'll have is to set reapply limits though, right? If so, I can add a dropdown menu option for that on the bottom-left portion of the GUI. Would that be alright? I'll probably add some more options there anyway for sorting the application list chronologically and numerically. Also, instead of setting limits for editing an application, I think it would be best to just ask a player if they are sure they want to submit the application before sending, as someone suggested.
I agree with that.
I was think about If Host deined the application, Host able allow player can re-submit have set limit same thing with Edit set limits. I have other idea. why not The review replace to Administrator Menu>Server Control>Admin tab? becuase it is old fashion (Classic GUI) instead use the keybind of review application. I am going sent to you the file gui.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/x703vfvnqvvyqqn/RTB_ServerControl.gui

I have tweaked the form GUI a bit.
Could we get some pictures?

EDIT: Anyone want to be beta test. I have let [GSF]Ghost will select someone to join to [GSF]Ghost's server. We have limit select some people. Aslo I will add you will be on our list name for beta tester.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:02:15 PM by Furling² »

Okay, I'll change it to "Script_" instead; can you post the tweaked GUI to github if you have time? I want to make sure we keep the GUIs in sync.
Done.
Could we get some pictures?
It's not much different. Just tweaks(some not visible).

It's not much different. Just tweaks(some not visible).
Alright.

EDIT: Updated new the poll.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:07:48 PM by Furling² »

What do you mean "RTB Server Control should replace to new Review GUI?"

Do you mean that the review GUI should replace the admining/de-admining part of the RTB server control?

What do you mean "RTB Server Control should replace to new Review GUI?"

Do you mean that the review GUI should replace the admining/de-admining part of the RTB server control?
Yes. I not know what it called.

Yes. I not know what it called.
Okay, how should we achieve that? Or couldn't the host just use either option?

Done.
Great, thanks. I'll work on incorporating what you posted on github, such as the GUI changes, folder/file names and the server ReviewAdminApp function.

Okay, how should we achieve that? Or couldn't the host just use either option?
If host want perfer classic or new one. Dunno what they will be called... Let host select which one classic or new one before the server start. That why I set up the poll about that.

Progress being made!

New GUIs (updated):

Still Left To Do:

+ Review GUI
     - Incorporate Furling's GUI changes
     - Fix "Super Admin" text
     - Sorting of apps list.
     - Reapply limits option (update popup menu) (jes00 is taking care of these scripts)
     - Closing GUI using escape (doesn't work) and/or keybind
     - Reset GUI on reopen (just encase)
     - Adjusting button responses depending on category being viewed
     - Prevent admining/super admining self or id 999999
     - Response script (prevent duplicate app files)(admin, super admin, deny, blacklist, pending, unblacklist, undeny, unsuperadmin, unadmin) (jes00 has already been working on this part as well)
     - Prevent interfering with RTB Server Control (?)
     - Finalize GUI object names (?)
     - Test viewing limit of 2040 (2039 actual?) characters when reviewing apps (?)
     - Prevent exceeding string character limit of 255 characters when sending denied/blacklisted notification to player (default text + host response text) (?)

+ Form GUI
     - Notify host of newly received application via messageBoxOk
     - Incorporate Furling's GUI changes
     - Closing GUI using escape, keybind and when submitting form
     - Confirmation window on submit
     - Clearing fields option
     - Add username and id (both in bold?) when host is notified of a new application
     - Finalize text (such as tips)
     - Check if form already submitted and if pending, if player is already admin/super admin, or if blacklisted (and if duplicate files?) (somewhat done)
     - Finalize GUI object names (?)
     - Test sending limit of 2039-2040 characters (?)

Finished add-on will be posted at: http://furlingaddons.freeforums.org/index.php
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:04:05 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Make sure to credit Jetz for the application tips, he wrote them originally.

Make sure to credit Jetz for the application tips, he wrote them originally.
add to OP.

What should be the selectable options for reapplying limits (for sending the applications)? Just an idea: No limit, 12 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, 6 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, only once.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:50:40 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

What should be the selectable options for reapplying limits (for sending the applications)? Just an idea: No limit, 12 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, 6 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, only once.

go for it.

I'm back from camp. Nice work on the GUIs! Mind sending me the files? The GUI name for the form GUI should be AdminApp_Form and the name for the review GUI should be AdminApp_Review. All named children should be AdminAppForm_NAME and AdminAppReview_NAME.

I'm back from camp. Nice work on the GUIs! Mind sending me the files? The GUI name for the form GUI should be AdminApp_Form and the name for the review GUI should be AdminApp_Review. All named children should be AdminAppForm_NAME and AdminAppReview_NAME.
Welcome back! And thanks, I'll send you the files via PM. I sent Furling the files yesterday, so he should have them as well. I'll also be gone for a few days, so I won't be able to work on it again for awhile.

I like the idea for naming the GUI objects relative to the GUIs they belong to; I tried to set most of them up like that already, but others might still need to be renamed. I also incorporated some of the work and file names you posted on github, including the script for admining and superadmining players. I changed it a little, such as to use messageBoxOk instead for notifications, and to take over situations into account. But, it's not finalized by any means.

I was thinking that the Pending, Admin, Super Admin, Denied and Blacklisted applications can each be sorted in their own individual folders. But, the add-on is getting kinda complicated now because we would have to take into account saving denied/blacklisted reasons in application files, removing / preventing duplicate apps, changing the response-buttons (so you can unblacklist, undeny, unadmin, etc. players depending on the category you're viewing in the Review GUI), blacklisting, reapplication limits, and other, miscellaneous things. Y'all can set it up however though, that's just my opinion on how it should be set up. I also posted a to-do list above as well to keep record of what's been done so far.

You've over complicated the file system GSF. The way you have it the files are stored in the host's client sided config and then the info is sent to the server from the host, yes? Way over complicated. The files should be stored in the host's server sided config and then the data should be sent to the host when he wishes to review an application.

EDIT: The confirm GUI is also useless, as it can be done with messageBoxYesNo.

DOUBLE EDIT: messageBoxOk can replace the credits GUI too.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:18:59 PM by jes00 »