Blockland 2 - A thought I had

Poll

Do you think Blockland 2 could be a possible thing?

I'd almost be surprised if a Blockland 2 was not made.
I can't see why not.
I don't think so.
Blockland's gonna stay the way it is forever.
Blockland will die.

Author Topic: Blockland 2 - A thought I had  (Read 3229 times)

He's made it pretty clear that we probably won't be getting more updates.
And yes, he does not like the community, I know that for a fact.

Aren't add-ons a way of "updating" the game.

Different types of add-ons makes the game more interesting. Sometimes

Basically, "we" are updating the game.

It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest.

It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest.
<3

I think that there should be a campaign if there is a blockland 2 weather if they want it based on the forums or just a normal story mode

blockland was loving worth the money jesus richards, this is the longest I've ever played a game for, this is the game that really got me into things like coding and stuff

blockland was loving worth the money jesus richards, this is the longest I've ever played a game for, this is the game that really got me into things like coding and stuff

While Blockland certainly is and has been a fun game, I see nothing harmful in wanting the game to improve.

this

Blockland made me realise what I want to do with my life, and I even talked about my Blockland experience when applying to my university, and it got me in.

the game is long past overdue for people to perpetuate the fun within the community. the tools are there; the modding capability is simply fantastic (even though there are some frustrating restrictions, you can't deny that blockland lets you do a lot), normal users can use events to make things interactive, the brick limit is pretty hefty (and with modter being default, there's even more room oftentimes), but the cycle is insufficient. people make a nice server, stop hosting it, and it's gone forever. we need to get our heads out of candyland and do things for the game, because that's what the community does for a sandbox. how often are new tools and systems added to garry's mod? the community creates the toys and the nature of the game lends to other people playing with them. i think the private mod practices here have seriously hindered the growth of the game. people are accustomed to the cycle, but think about what would happen if some of these awesome gamemodes had multiple servers up at all times until the community collectively is bored of it. i'm not trying to sound preachy or condescending or anything, but that's one thing i really want to see on our bucket list.

i don't think at all it's badspot's job to do this, because then the game wouldn't be a sandbox. it would be more like a burger king plastic castle.

that being said, i could imagine there being a completely new revision of blockland if badspot still had interest in creating this kind of game and wanted to start fresh.

that being said, i could imagine there being a completely new revision of blockland if badspot still had interest in creating this kind of game and wanted to start fresh.
kinda like rust's experimental build

-about good servers being shut down-
I couldn't agree more with otto-san.

Also, one of the key issues with keeping good servers up (for me, at least), is that I often get bored with my gamemode long before the players do. This is a problem because I use that same server to work on my next project, so I'll have to shut down the gamemode in order to work on the next project.

Good examples of this are Bushido's and Heed's TDM's. I think Bushi only hosts when he actually wants to play his gamemode himself, and for Heed, it seems like most the time he is working on a new project, not hosting a game. Oh and I forgot about Sailorman's capture points and Racerboy's TF2 TDM's.

The fairly new gamemode system in blockland should be used more often so that servers like this aren't lost after a few weeks (speedkart is probably the best example of a well packaged gamemode)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:08:39 AM by Farad »

the game is long past overdue for people to perpetuate the fun within the community. the tools are there; the modding capability is simply fantastic (even though there are some frustrating restrictions, you can't deny that blockland lets you do a lot), normal users can use events to make things interactive, the brick limit is pretty hefty (and with modter being default, there's even more room oftentimes), but the cycle is insufficient. people make a nice server, stop hosting it, and it's gone forever. we need to get our heads out of candyland and do things for the game, because that's what the community does for a sandbox. how often are new tools and systems added to garry's mod? the community creates the toys and the nature of the game lends to other people playing with them. i think the private mod practices here have seriously hindered the growth of the game. people are accustomed to the cycle, but think about what would happen if some of these awesome gamemodes had multiple servers up at all times until the community collectively is bored of it. i'm not trying to sound preachy or condescending or anything, but that's one thing i really want to see on our bucket list.

i don't think at all it's badspot's job to do this, because then the game wouldn't be a sandbox. it would be more like a burger king plastic castle.

AHHHHHH this this this.  The biggest (and pretty much only thing I honestly do) hate about this community is that the majority is lazy as hell.  We all complain about how Badspot isn't updating the game for us to make it interesting, while we all sheep to Tezuni's crappy Jail RP servers and don't ever bother to put in the time and effort to make Blockland our own and host incredibly fun, innovative, and quality servers.  I hate Tezuni's servers but I have to respect him, because he's one of the few users in the community who actually hosts servers on the regular that are made to entertain the community.  More people need to stop being lazy tits and actually build something fun.  We rely too much on people who are just not-lazy enough to host a server to produce all the fun in the community.  Big names like Tezuni, Pecon, and other hosts are practically the ONLY servers people join.  Nobody bothers to host their own fun, which completely limits the variety of fun servers and progression of  the Blockland community.  Other sandbox games like Little Big Planet and Garry's mod have millions of amazing games hosted all the time, and it's because their communities aren't lazy.

I couldn't agree more with otto-san.

Also, one of the key issues with keeping good servers up (for me, at least), is that I often get bored with my gamemode long before the players do. This is a problem because I use that same server to work on my next project, so I'll have to shut down the gamemode in order to work on the next project.

Good examples of this are Bushido's and Heed's TDM's. I think Bushi only hosts when he actually wants to play his gamemode himself, and for Heed, it seems like most the time he is working on a new project, not hosting a game. Oh and I forgot about Sailorman's capture points and Racerboy's TF2 TDM's.

The fairly new gamemode system in blockland should be used more often so that servers like this aren't lost after a few weeks (speedkart is probably the best example of a well packaged gamemode)
This too!  It seems that when people actually DO finally host a great server, it's completely privatized to their own name and they aren't willing to package it into a gamemode for others to host, so that the gamemode can live on forever and can be hosted or further developed by anyone, thus continuing the variety of servers.

Well, just gotta say this: Torque3d is a PERFECT game engine for something like an unnoficial Blockland sequel.
Add-ons would be easily ported from Blockland to the sequel with minor adjustments, and coders will not have any hard time adjusting to it.

>Blockland 2 gets released
>blocklandishorrible friends start bitching again
>badspot goes on mental breakdown