Author Topic: St Louis area storm situation [damage assessment, saw FOX helicopter page 3]  (Read 1591 times)

That sucks.

We once had a tree fall on our van, it totaled it. And the scary thing is, my dad was literally less than a minute away from getting in it and driving it out of the way. ;-;

A tree fell on my house somewhere in the mid-2000s. I didn't even hear it hit the house but everyone else did. I remembered the next morning coming downstairs and seeing pine needles covering the living room window. The actual point of impact was on my parents' bedroom.

UPDATE: The tornado appears to have EF1 damage

I was out at a job interview at Captain D's in House Springs, MO. After I was done, I was standing out front of the restaurant waiting for my dad to pick me up in his car. I noticed that there was a helicopter sitting still above the Hwy MM/Hwy W/Hwy 30 intersection right by the intersection. It was bright and I couldn't tell from the glare whether it was a news helicopter or a police helicopter.

I got home and turn on the TV and there on the news is a view of the very intersection that I was near on FOX. It was filming the home improvement store, Hoods, across the street. Although I was standing so close to it, I didn't realize that 5,000ft2 of the roof was gone...

News: http://www.myleaderpaper.com/news/article_94ebf7c4-32eb-11e4-84b1-0017a43b2370.html

According to live news, the roof was ripped off the warehouse where a big chunk crashed into a semi trailer full of Hoods merchandise, where the rain then ruined the furniture and fixtures inside that weren't damaged in the impact. There was assorted damage around the entire area within a ten mile radius ranging from Fenton to High Ridge to House Springs.

Goodness gracious. I didn't realize just how bad the storms were last night. Yikes.