Author Topic: Rant about noobs on my server  (Read 2855 times)

<rant>

Why is my server so cursed with noobs?

example

Today some guy comes to my server, After a bit he moans that there is nothing to do (leave then) He asks me to make a mini game, i tell him to make one himself. He just goes "..." i continue building while he hides behind my build and makes 2 walls of 1x1 bricks and spawn a freaking airship in between Lagging my server to death.

: (

This happened 3 times today and twice yesterday (only one was on purpose)

</rant>

TLDR -_o
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:31:53 AM by tails »

Dude, you've got it GOOD.

Whenever I host the MODClass server I traditionally have to delay it about 15 minutes because of n00bishness, the inability to comprehend "Stop moving", "Shut up", and other simple commands. Than there's the guy who thinks it'll be really freaking hilarious to bring up a whole other TOPIC while I'm trying to teach him how to make a freaking new add-on.

And than, of course, is the "OMG IS CLASS DONE YET I WANNA BUILD AND SHOOT PEOPLE". Of course, I respond with a blatant "No." Than he says something along the lines of "FU I HATE THIS SERVER YOU SUCK I ROCK MANGOBEAN IS AWESOME I LOVE PANDAS BUT PANDAS DON'T LIKE YOU SO I DON'T LIKE YOU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU F*ING N00B LOLOLOLOLOLOL"-

Etcetera, etcetera. Count your blessings, tails, my horrible luck is either perfect (Not really horrible) or HORRIBLY BAD, like no-one comes except one person, and that one person is like, some idiot like Cap-ton King.

Ive had people on my server like that to.

*noob shooting me
"stop pls"
*continues shooting
PERMA BAN BITCH

You need to lay down the law. Ban people. Mute them (if you have a script that does this). Kick them. If they're disrupting you on your server, you reserve the right to remove them.

Bushi just needs to get the word about his modding class out. :D

We all get it.  On my server I get at least 5-10 full trust requests from people I don't even know.  Mostly ids over 3000.  But the rules script is helpful if the noob can figure out how to type /rules.

Tails should just make me admin on his server and I'll go on a rampage of noob slaughtering kai?

What you need is a badmin. Anyone from MotE will be good at this.

i continue building while he hides behind my build
Shouldn't you have been able to see his name?

through bricks? 0_o
There is an admin 'spying' function. Just spy on people until you find the right one. Then remove. Simple as that. :D

You can't ban the host.

You can't ban the host.
Well done, you crapped on a joke made by entrepreneur in (Was it early this year or late last year?).
It was "You can't ban the local client." Besides, tails said nothing about banning.

Like Dilt said, lay down the law.
If someone pisses me off too much: *ban*.
Simple and effective.
Using the Ignore button on trust n00bs is also effective. They can't bother you again.

Dude, you've got it GOOD.

Whenever I host the MODClass server I traditionally have to delay it about 15 minutes because of n00bishness

And the occasional time when I want to bother you to do something for me, then it takes more like 45. :cookieMonster: