Author Topic: Ferrari threatened "cease and desist" on Deadmau5 over "Purrari 458"  (Read 6113 times)

you are Ferrari. no number of customers who give their cars a nyan cat wrap will have even the slightest impact on your sales. they did this for no reason other than to flex their muscles (which I'm still pretty sure they didn't have in the first place)

It's the image. Racing cars. Fine Italian machinery. Not EDM bouncing meme-mobile.

At this point, stupidity seems to have reached its limit and is now threatening to bring the building down.

It appears the obligatory peanut gallery has arrived in order to assert how superior they are for being too scared to take a side!

It's the image. Racing cars. Fine Italian machinery. Not EDM bouncing meme-mobile.
you're still Ferrari. everyone has always and will always love your cars as long as you keep making them, and no number of nyan cat wraps will change that

It appears the obligatory peanut gallery has arrived in order to assert how superior they are for being too scared to take a side!
I have taken a side. I firmly believe deadmau5 can do what he wants with the car. It's been proven that what he's done to the thing can be undone, so he doesn't have to worry about the lease.

this made me laugh. oh man this is great. ferrari fans are always smart

look at these scumbags, denouncing the playstation line with their filthy modifications

seriously i'd recommend you all stop responding to rally, he has some special interest for debating/arguing for whatever reason

you're still Ferrari. everyone has always and will always love your cars as long as you keep making them, and no number of nyan cat wraps will change that

So you think that Ferrari has absolutely no image to maintain right now because it's gonna be sorted out within like a few years or something? Big business becomes big business through maintenance of image, assertiveness and publicity. There is no leniency in business.

Bad publicity is still bad publicity, doesn't matter who it is, what they are, what they did, where they come from, whatever. Ferrari has every right to defend themselves from bad publicity.

I have taken a side. I firmly believe deadmau5 can do what he wants with the car. It's been proven that what he's done to the thing can be undone, so he doesn't have to worry about the lease.

And I firmly believe that Ferrari has the right to declare a cease and desist on Deadmau5 for making a laughing stock out of their machinery.

seriously i'd recommend you all stop responding to rally, he has some special interest for debating/arguing for whatever reason

Don't be afraid to stand by your opinions buddy.

[im g]http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/633829197_1/For-Sony-font-b-Playstation-b-font-3-Slim-Super-font-b-Mario-b-font-ICE.jpg[/img]
look at these scumbags, denouncing the playstation line with their filthy modifications

WOAH THERE BUDDY
ferrari made claims against symbols and logos
not the wrap around the car, that is essentially the ugly ass sticker on the ps3.

i do like your presentation though. ugly ass wrap for ugly ass sticker. i agree. very well made

If I ever have enough money to buy a sports cars, im not going with ferrari.  I want the freedom to do what I want with my own car

Don't be afraid to stand by your opinions buddy.

You can stand by your opinions, and then you can be a nuisance.

So you think that Ferrari has absolutely no image to maintain right now because it's gonna be sorted out within like a few years or something?
yes
they don't
the only thing that will ever hurt their reputation is them making a bad car
for that matter, the only people who seem upset about it are the people who apparently love Ferrari so much that they would dislike the company for something a customer did to their own car. which is absurd

People have "customized" their cars with My Little Pony decals, making a complete laughing stock of their respective producers, yet nobody has given any of those losers a C&D.
I don't see why this exception has to be made for deadmau5.

goddamn it people. claim was against LOGOS AND SYMBOLS infringement not the (atrocious) WRAP OR PAINTJOB

goddamn it people. claim was against LOGOS AND SYMBOLS infringement not the (atrocious) WRAP OR PAINTJOB
The logo can be re-applied, you know that right?

Again, one out of the how many cars they make
this won't matter in the long run, I don't think a C&D was nessecary