is this loving support_updater bullstuff some of that slayer hacked forget?

Author Topic: is this loving support_updater bullstuff some of that slayer hacked forget?  (Read 2399 times)

I still don't see why I should even give it an iota of trust when it's worded like some sort of prize you won off researchhub
It provides a link to the modification discussion topic, anyone who is questioning it's legitimacy could simply visit that.

holy forget turns out i'm goddamn handicapped. idk how but slayer was in the add-ons folder, and it even missed a search for it.

Either way, the message could've been worded a whole lot better.

instead of making this thread how about you do some research first next time

instead of making this thread how about you do some research first next time
I'm sorry that scouring over my game for over an hour over something so shady worried me

oh well, i forgeted up and aint afraid to say I did

Idiotproofing. Seems to have backfired for Super Idiots™.

This is just about the dumbest topic I've ever seen on BLF.

holy forget turns out i'm goddamn handicapped. idk how but slayer was in the add-ons folder, and it even missed a search for it.

Either way, the message could've been worded a whole lot better.

Lots of mods use Support_Updater besides Slayer. It's not malicious in any way, nor is Slayer. The message is a generic one that people can include with their mod if they want people to get the updater.

That does read like an adware program trying to get you to purchase something though.

That does read like an adware program trying to get you to purchase something though.

I could've just made it install automatically. This way it at least gives people a choice. Maybe it would sound better if it didn't have the "Don't know what to do?" part.

Read this
Stop whining about Slayer.

This is just about the dumbest topic I've ever seen on BLF.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=87729.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=57348.0
You're welcome.

Anyway, it's not entirely unreasonable for people to be suspicious of auto-updaters in the wake of the recent incident with Slayer. People have planted malicious code in their add-ons in the past, and one slipping in through an update and trying to wipe out the entire Blockland installation is pretty alarming.

But yeah the original post is awful and Jubel should feel ashamed for having demonstrated such uncouth language and behavior.