Author Topic: Virtual Audio Cable and Skype help  (Read 453 times)

So I have a good setup running so I can play music from Winamp so my friends can hear me on Skype using VAC, it's something like this.

Line 1 - Headphones
Line 1 - Line 2
Microphone - Line 2

It's perfect but since I have to change the Skype microphone to Line 1, my friends can't hear me, just the stuff I can play from Winamp, and I can hear myself when I talk to the mic. Anyways, how do I make it so that I don't hear myself, can talk to friends AND play them stuff from Winamp?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:41:05 PM by Xealyth »

So I have a good setup running so I can play music from Winamp so my friends can hear me on Skype using VAC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQHP1PZBPvc
this might help, just replace the additional mic with winamp i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQHP1PZBPvc
this might help, just replace the additional mic with winamp i guess
What do you mean by replacing it? I watched the video and the guy talk about using 2 mics, but that's not what I want to do.

i have the same setup as you but instead of speakers it's headphones. try using foobar instead of winamp, 'cause it works perfectly for me

i have the same setup as you but instead of speakers it's headphones. try using foobar instead of winamp, 'cause it works perfectly for me
Yes I use headphones too, it was a typo lol.

Use this set up

Input - Output

Mic - Line 1
Winamp - Line 2
Line 2 - Line 1
Line 2 - Speakers/Headphones

Try that, what it does is it routes the audio you want to broadcast and lets you hear the music whilst not hearing your voice.

-snip-
Thanks this works great, I don't know if it's just me but it still sounds like I can hear myself? I'll try seeing if it's just me.

EDIT: THANKS YOU. This works perfectly, thanks for the help. I tried it with Foobar too and it works.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:57:57 PM by Xealyth »

Thanks this works great, I don't know if it's just me but it still sounds like I can hear myself? I'll try seeing if it's just me.

EDIT: THANKS YOU. This works perfectly, thanks for the help. I tried it with Foobar too and it works.

No problem, I work with this all the time, so I try to help other users.

No problem, I work with this all the time, so I try to help other users.
Hmm. I don't know if I did something wrong because I KNOW it was working fine the other day, but now I can't hear stuff coming from my PC like in-game noises.

EDIT: nvm. move along :)