Author Topic: Blockland, and why we can't have nice things.  (Read 14944 times)

Shame OP had to make a relatively good point into his own personal pity party. Learn to take criticism, or ignore it completely. Never a good excuse to stop developing.

Blockland, and why we can't go 5 seconds without someone whining.

"Never change, forums"

Whining spawned pretty much every human rights movement in existence. The sole reason you're allowed to stuffpost on the internet is a direct result of someone 'whining'.

More like; Blockland, and why we're so loving terrified of confrontation that we can never get anything done.

Yeah Port's a cool guy and all but he never allows his contributions to the game actually contribute by making them all private.
its just annoying when someone goes "hey look at this cool well made thing" and then never releases it and it just fades away.
for example: his sledding mod with those cool-ass trails
where did it go?

Shame OP had to make a relatively good point into his own personal pity party. Learn to take criticism, or ignore it completely. Never a good excuse to stop developing.
omfg
i didnt make this out of pity
i was literally talking to filipe about this topic, and thought a drama over it would be nice
holy stuff

In relation to the OP, it has very good points, along with the replies Rally is making. So good to the point where I don't have anything left to say about the subject except for this.

I have an addon Marble Man made that i forgot the instructions to. Its still in my dropbox and im worried that if i release it like im thinking about doing ill be banned.

Mainly because it was a client that linked version 20 and version 21 to the same server using these really hacky workarounds, but it still worked. The v20 client was a static shape in v21, and the v21 client was a static shape in v20. On each version you could see the shape moving around, of course you'd have to be in the shape's window to fully see what was happening, but it was an entertaining thing.

Will I be banned if I release it? I know badspot and them are not too happy about earlier versions on the master server, though this is technically all running on a v21 server.

Agh. Sorry for being such a cunt about the sounds lol, I for whatever reason care a forgetton of what people think about the things I do. Guess it fires me up rather quickly :v gunna need to get over that.
SO I'll use that to come up with another argument that is more or less connected to the generocity of the ignorance of good ideas.

THE NECESSITY TO BLOCKO

"The necessity to blocko" is just the fact that if something touches too much on base with realism, or an idea not in the spectrum of quick-paced action-packed blockland servers, it's usually an idea people don't like. And not even in my case- infact I'm not gunna use it as an example. Anything too detailed or too realistic is usually shunned by the public for whatever reason whatsoever, no matter how new or innovative it may be. Sure, things are taking a turn, and more and more people are accepting such things, so this isn't such a pressing matter. But it's there. Something still needed to be worked on.

no its because almost all attempts at making something realistic in blockland have failed

Remember all that cool stuff phyodox made. Now that he hasnt been online in what a year, I doubt we will ever see his stuff

Basically this mod is useless since its missing the server mod, only client sided.

alright talked to palladium

https://www.dropbox.com/s/luzuxzjo9x9pyyj/DefTDMJungle1.bls?dl=0 save

addons that I had at the time, most of them probably not used in the actual save: http://i.imgur.com/niGtpaz.png http://i.imgur.com/Tr6f418.png

feel free to forget around with it if you wish, since neither me not palladium are working on it anymore

a rather incomplete attackers vs defenders map
it's not much but I thought I'd post it for the slight chance that anyone might use it
better than going to waste

City rpg... yes..  no.. okay  :panda: .

Whay sucks tho is that if they revamp something you might not get even credit for the idea, which kills the rep of making mods

no its because almost all attempts at making something realistic in blockland have failed
yeah, ok. ask bushido if that's the reason he whines about anything that doesn't fit within the style of his addons

THE NECESSITY TO BLOCKO

"The necessity to blocko" is just the fact that if something touches too much on base with realism, or an idea not in the spectrum of quick-paced action-packed blockland servers, it's usually an idea people don't like. And not even in my case- infact I'm not gunna use it as an example. Anything too detailed or too realistic is usually shunned by the public for whatever reason whatsoever, no matter how new or innovative it may be. Sure, things are taking a turn, and more and more people are accepting such things, so this isn't such a pressing matter. But it's there. Something still needed to be worked on.
the thing people forget is that blockland is set in a toy based world, so really blockheads don't just have to use things specifically made for them, but any toy within their proximity. not a great excuse but hey.