Various new projects and old/horrible nostalgic add-ons I've created

Author Topic: Various new projects and old/horrible nostalgic add-ons I've created  (Read 11640 times)

Here's a 242 MB RAR archive containing 91 mixed add-ons and just under 50 random script files from config folders and the like. A lot of these are really, really old, and I'd probably feel like killing myself if I read through all of it, but that's really irrelevant. Just don't expect production quality from most of these ;). I tried to gather as much as I could but it seems that I'm terrible at organizing and keeping track of backups. If I could find them all I'd have included all add-ons I ever made. I'd estimate this archive to be about 6-8% of that, but it's still something, and it's a mix of files from about 20 different installs of the game.

A few of the more noteworthy contents:

• Add-Ons/GameMode_Borg (this old gem was horribly made but a ton of fun)
  • Add-Ons/GameMode_King_of_Ghosts
  • Add-Ons/GameMode_Murder
  • Add-Ons/GameMode_Murder_Manor
  • Add-Ons/GameMode_Quake (I'm going to host a 24/7 map rotation server with this gamemode soon-ish)
  • Add-Ons/GameMode_Space_Station
  • Add-Ons/GameMode_Super_Murder_Mystery (not sure which version this is, should be relatively recent)
  • Add-Ons/GameMode_Surf
  • Add-Ons/GameMode_Survival
  • Add-Ons/GameMode_Viridian_RPG
  • Add-Ons/System_ContentPreload
  • Add-Ons/Weapon_Package_Generic
  • Add-Ons/Weapon_Package_Quake
  • Add-Ons/Weapon_Package_TF2
  • Add-Ons/Weapon_Package_Western
  • config/banklinedisplay.cs
  • config/engine.cs

Disclaimer: This is not a general release; this is in Modification Discussion for a reason. I'm not obligated to help every single person set up some really old, bad add-on that they found in this archive. Nothing is guaranteed to work or be particularly user-friendly–otherwise it'd be in Add-Ons already.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30951213/Add-Ons/dump.rar

I probably accidentally left way too many resource files in there, oh well. If there's something you can't find and you're sure I'd have it, just go ahead and ask for it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:13:31 AM by portify »

This includes your pathfinding system, right?

Port, this is kind of a weird question, but why do you do

if (%ray)

instead of

if(%ray)

? Is it more proper or is it just a personal preference for you?

I'm kinda wondering how to use System_ContentPreLoad. Is it like a handshake except more organized so that you can require clients to have however many add ons using this system? I'd like to know where to put the files that I want to be required or preloaded.

I'm kinda wondering how to use System_ContentPreLoad. Is it like a handshake except more organized so that you can require clients to have however many add ons using this system? I'd like to know where to put the files that I want to be required or preloaded.

Sorry, System_ContentPreload isn't anywhere near functional yet. It's intended to let clients automatically download required files from a HTTP endpoint sent by the server. Everything but the actual downloading part is implemented.

Which add-on is causing the main menu to load a build with me in it (sorta like the Half-Life 2 menu)?

Which add-on is causing the main menu to load a build with me in it (sorta like the Half-Life 2 menu)?

Client_LiveMenu

SMM is outdated I think.
My version has /help docs and some admin tools.

Viridan rpg client was pretty badly made. I had to remap all my keys just so i could shift jump again after uninstalling the mod

Port, this is kind of a weird question, but why do you do

if (%ray)

instead of

if(%ray)

? Is it more proper or is it just a personal preference for you?
It is mostly a matter of preference, but it should be a bit easier to read that way.

Can you change this to a ZIP? i dont have any RAR opening warez

Can you change this to a ZIP? i dont have any RAR opening warez
This is 2014.

Get WinRar it's freeish.