Author Topic: dark visitors in my sleep paralysis  (Read 3685 times)

sometimes more so when I was little I get visitors in my sleep that seem to be watching me. Theyre not scary or threatening,  but not protectful or loving either - they almost seem just curious. They don't look like anything from earth. They're around ten to twelve feet tall, very skinny, and covered in black hair/fur like an animals.  They have very long arms with normal hands,  and their heads are a little oblong or football shaped,  but completely covered in fur with the only visible feature being their yellow, cat-like glowing eyes. Their legs are a little longer than their torso, but they have to hunch over to watch me or their heads would hit my ceiling.  I've talked to my parents about it and they think they are aliens, but to me they seem very natural, more like animals instead of humanoids that are incabable of building or inventing.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

HOLY stuff NOPE I ONLY READ THE TITLE AND I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN
Edit: this is scary stuff m8
i havent experienced this exactly but i know a lot of people have.
some other horrible nightmares that involve sleep paralysis include being too scared to move, or something standing by your door

ive had a nightmare once or a couple times where im falling down my stairs when its super dark and i fall down into the hallway next to the guest bedroom (where nobody really goes in) the two closets and the garage. and im just there laying down at the bottom of the stairs unable to move. its the next feeling worse than fear- dread
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:52:27 PM by Blockaium »

It is quite common to hallucinate when you are overcome with sleep paralysis.

I have been afflicted by the same thing before, and when I closed my eyes while I was frozen in that state, my heart was beating so fast I thought it would explode.

Thanks for the nightmare fuel
But I've never had sleep paralysis before (yet), that's weird
I wonder if you're a heavy sleeper, if that makes you less susceptible to sleep paralysis

well theyre really scaring looking but im not afraid of them, they look at me like when a dog sees something and turns its head a little sideways

yikes. i sometimes have tall dark figures visit me, but they've never faced me so i haven't seen their eyes.

this is some good story fuel

oh yes also waking up during your REM stage of sleep can lead to temporary psychosis, being sad or mad at nothing, and sometimes sound and visual hallucinations

also, just a tip for any time in life: if you ever are near or in some place that is pitch black, or there is a black void (in a dream) DO NOT LOOK AT IT
in my dreams where there is a black void looking into it would make the dream a lucid dream except its all scary and dark-like (there really isnt much color) and i would think of it as the limbo of dreaming
i dont know if other people have dreams like this or if its just me and im weird
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:01:41 PM by Blockaium »

they're just illusions your mind makes in response to the trance.

...wait, you guys experience weird stuff like this as if it's all normal? I'm missing out, I guess.
Incidentally, this came on shortly before I opened this thread. Wacky.

oh yes also waking up during your REM stage of sleep can lead to temporary psychosis, being sad or mad at nothing, and sometimes sound and visual hallucinations

This is completely true, happened to me this morning. Dreamt I heard someone breaking into my car and woke up and nothing was there, couldn't go back to sleep because I was thinking of ways to kill thieves and I was super angry for no reason

Are you sure that they aren't just burglars?

Hey, man, come on, don't ruin a good thing

Haha the NBA decided to rob my house

actually maybe op was just getting burgled

this doesn't do me justice that I read this in my pitch black room