Author Topic: My mom is a bitch... Again.  (Read 2053 times)

I easily passed the year? I don't know what she is complaining about?
~70% is more then enough.
It seems she wants you to do more than pass though, she wants you to excel
I would try listening. Trust me none of us always agree with our parents but for the most part they're just trying to help

It seems she wants you to do more than pass though, she wants you to excel
I would try listening. Trust me none of us always agree with our parents but for the most part they're just trying to help
I get distracted very fast so I can't really get better grades.
I'm lucky I get 70%

does your mum have any syndromes/disorders/illnesses? if so you need to live with it, Yes its hard and it will piss you off but try to just ignore
There are some parents that push their children too far, when you force a kid to do extremely well in school you have 1 big problem that is mentioned in the bible and everywhere, your child will not learn any mistakes and when they don't learn a mistake they won't know how to deal with it when their old and something goes wrong. Its best to be the person you are, I'm not saying "forget school don't learn" I am saying "if you have low grades you have a objective and that objective is to improve them" you should always be the person who you are, not the person that will never learn a mistake in life and suffer when he/she is older

I think the OP has taken things way out of proportion and most likely hasn't told the full side of the story. All parents sometimes will go through short phases of "I cant handle this". The notion that the OP's mother could have a mental disorder because of this is extremely absurd.

I easily passed the year? I don't know what she is complaining about?
~70% is more then enough.
Stress... Allot of stress.
But I am very emotional and cry very fast so... Dis is gon b hard.
I just... Didn't repond to 1 message I didn't see?

No offense, but 70 is awful and it is barely passing. I think that you may have to talk to your mom about how hard school and academics are for you, if it causes that much stress and you cant get your grades pushed up. There is a chance that you may have some sort of learning disability, which is very common in many, many people.

There is a chance that you may have some sort of learning disability, which is very common in many, many people.

What's that? Not doing great in school?! You might have a learning disability!

Don't encourage such attitudes.

What's that? Not doing great in school?! You might have a learning disability!

Don't encourage such attitudes.

This is the type of attitude which should be eliminated from the education system in America, and abroad. There are many reasons why kids may not be performing so well in school, whether it be because of the environment they are in at home, their circumstances, people they're around, etc. Teachers think they know everything and handicapped educators and will constantly call these things "excuses".
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:34:09 PM by Caribou »

I think the OP has taken things way out of proportion and most likely hasn't told the full side of the story. All parents sometimes will go through short phases of "I cant handle this". The notion that the OP's mother could have a mental disorder because of this is extremely absurd.
She has osteoarthritis, but thats not even a mental disorder.
No offense, but 70 is awful and it is barely passing. I think that you may have to talk to your mom about how hard school and academics are for you, if it causes that much stress and you cant get your grades pushed up. There is a chance that you may have some sort of learning disability, which is very common in many, many people.
What?
You only need 50% to pass
I am just the average student.

I'm pretty sure american education is forgeted up from start to end.  Haven't really experienced it (thanks to living in Russia) but: if high/med school homework requires you to type several large Uni-level essays until roughly ass o'clock in the morning, something might be wrong.

Also, wear a hat or hood at least.

No offense, but what you just said is pretty much a load of stuff. It's like saying "sorry, but you're a tard because you got 70%, oh and you have a learning disability too" whereas in fact, 70% iirc is easily a pass and also close to if not the average percentage. I'm in a position (schoolwise) similar to OP and struggle to achieve grades expected of me without pouring even more hours into revision, and as a result of stress still end up getting a similar result. I have spoken to people I know about this and allowed my stress levels to go down, but I dread to think how I could end up thinking where I want to go in life. I do have a little senioritis which I'm suppressing which affected me a huge amount last year and I scraped through and nearly forgeted up big time.

at least we now know your mother and your father are of the same species

It's very simple, learn to yell back and/or simply ignore her... problem solved.

Pff. As long as I passed my classes my parents were happy, Bs were a 'good job!' and A's were something special. I don't even really regret doing that, now I'm chilling on a bench between classes in college so who gives a forget what grades I got in highschool.

as long as i don't make below a 70 on a report card, my parents won't give 2 stuffs

I'm pretty sure american education is forgeted up from start to end.  Haven't really experienced it (thanks to living in Russia) but: if high/med school homework requires you to type several large Uni-level essays until roughly ass o'clock in the morning, something might be wrong.

Also, wear a hat or hood at least.
I'm from europe.

It's very simple, learn to yell back and/or simply ignore her... problem solved.
If I yell back I get my computer "thrown off the balcony" (taken away).
And I try to ignore her but she keep... on... bitching.

Talk with her about these things, and speak wisely. If you don't do things carefully, you can't work out problems.
Sorry if it doesn't help, though. All I read was the TL;DR part.

No offense, but 70 is awful and it is barely passing.

Yeah maybe in your grading system. 70 is fine in the Belgian/Dutch grading system.