Author Topic: Perma-bans: a bit much aren't they?  (Read 2548 times)

its a galaxy.

i kinda miss the droids. those keyboards were awesome

right, cos betel totally needed to come back after a week.
and your server will totally be up for more than a year

So then it is just an argument of ethics at that point I suppose. I do not think they are ever necessary. The longest I have ever banned somebody is five minutes, and they usually never come back after that anyway. I even had a hacker I banned and he just never came back after the five minutes was up.

neverrrr

It is only fair to try and use correct spelling a grammar at least for the most part to prevent confusion and get the correct message across. It is not about following the rules, it is about not confusing people.

I think most people clear their banlists frequently enough that permanent bans are not permanent. It's simply more difficult to select a years ban for someone rather than tick the box for permaban.

lol i dont give a stuff

Read the rules before you post....
How is this against the rules? Did you just slap another stuffpost on as fast as you can?

I usually perma-ban because I have various other methods of moderating. Sometimes it's 15 minutes or an hour but usually I just don't want that person on my server anymore, especially if they were spamming or being an starfish.

I have clearly-defined rules accessible through a command and show up when you spawn. If you are dumb enough to not follow them or use common sense, get out.

Use the damn backspace key or word suggestions.

do you know who you're talking to
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:27:28 PM by Electrk. »

i dont do anything BUT perm bans.
if you forget around on my server, i want you gone forever. i dont see what the big deal is.

its not my job to give you a second chance to learn a lesson. that stuff is your parents job.
pretty much this.

nope. they're nice. there are several people I've permanently banned before and never had any kinda feeling that I might want them to come back someday

Use perma ban for shock effect, remove shortly after or when they ask. Don't remove again if they mess up a second time. Very easy I think.

If your only purpose on a server is to ruin it for everybody else then I'll have no problem giving you a permanent ban.

Yep, spammers always get a perma-ban.

if someone decides to join my server and forget up everything I wouldn't give them a second chance
why would anyone

Most of my bans are permanent but you have to really be obnoxious and show no potential value to the server to get banned, so it doesn't happen often outside of spammers or people who are just annoying as hell.  I'm not too picky about stuff, really.  I see some servers banning people just for "stealing" cars. :p