Crypt of the NecroDancer - Deliver beatdowns to the beat

Author Topic: Crypt of the NecroDancer - Deliver beatdowns to the beat  (Read 3665 times)

how in the world did i find zone one difficult

is zone 3 even possible

because its insane

Zone 3 is definitely relentless

Ironically it's probably easier in Hardcore since you get to stock up in the 2 Zones before it

speaking of hardcore mode

i was doing so well

15 bucks for early access? for a forgetin pixel game?

If you think a game's graphics determines its worth then this game is not worth your money

If you think a game's graphics determines its worth then this game is not worth your money
alright lemme rephrase that

15 bucks for early access, a system i already disagree with, for another retro rogue like? since when can people not finish these games by themselves? cave story was never in early access and that is one of the coolest games i've ever played

It's more finished than starbound is anyway

alright lemme rephrase that

15 bucks for early access, a system i already disagree with, for another retro rogue like? since when can people not finish these games by themselves? cave story was never in early access and that is one of the coolest games i've ever played

If the concept and music aren't enough to convince you and you don't agree with the price or distribution method then don't buy it, simple as that

As for me, I made the purchase because it's the only game of its kind and has superb music composed by Danny Baranowsky who I'm assuming had to be hired, which requires money

Cave Story was made as a casual project slowly finished over 5 years in Pixel's free time, and it just so happens that he's talented in pretty much everything required for game development and was willing to release it all for free, but NecroDancer is a product made by a team of people looking to generate income for their hard work

that magical moment when you're playing as bard and you know that, no matter what move you make next, you're dead

edit: NOPE up+left saved me
healed just as the bomb blew up

edit2: and that run, saved by a chicken leg, was my hardcore bard win

respect chicken
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:43:30 AM by Tudoreleu »

NecroDancer and its soundtrack are 33% off today as the Daily Deal, syncing up well with the recent update

- Added scroll of need
- Added scroll of enchant weapon
- Added shield scroll and spell
- Added dagger of frost
- Added dagger of phasing
- Fixed Shrine of Risk bug where you could move quickly on the next level to avoid damage
- Fixed issue where setting zone 2 song to the zone 1 song would cause crash
- Fixed zombie facing so they always face the direction they're going to move
- Fixed issue where movement thought you could hit falling enemies, causing a missed beat
- Fixed text that said +5 diamonds no matter how many they got for finishing a zone
- Bounce trap changes: changed bounce traps to take effect immediately, should fix replay/bard inconsistencies and a bunch of other bounce trap related issues.
- Fix for score submit retry system sometimes not working
- Made players flash on minimap
- Fixed bug where replays on page > 1 on leaderboard GUI were unviewable
- Fixed replay desync caused by entering arenas very early on the beat
- Made it so replay desyncs don't cause crashes anymore after dropping down a level
- Made replay filenames use local instead of UTC time and friendlier month value
- Fixed issue where you could attack through shrines
- Fixed issue where you could skip levels in co-op using trapdoors
- Fixed issue where you could get all shop items free in co-op with 1 monk
- Took Yellow Scroll and Ring of Shadows out of Monk’s item pool
- Increased the duration of effect for tempo traps
- Rebalanced some weapon drop probabilities
- Increased the number of bomb drops
- Made bombs destroy coins and items in the blast radius
- Made boots of leaping togglable and made them less rare
- Made it so that if you have a bomb or good shovel you can destroy King Conga’s throne and speed up that boss battle
- Made it so you can attack and aggro the shopkeeper with bombs or a fireball spell
- Made it so that if the shopkeeper takes damage from a dragon, he runs away!
- Reduced shopkeeper health to 9
- Added “empty heart container” and “double empty heart container” items
- Added a chance of heart containers to the secret Food Shop. (Now called the “Health Shop”!)
- Updated Monk scoring: You now get credit for all coins left on the ground when you leave a given level
- Made it so you can steal shop items if you can lure a shopkeeper down a trap door
- Decreased the cost of flails in shops
- Changed the attack DIRECTION of some of the flail attack squares, to make it more broadsword-like. This’ll help prevent situations where you get stuck due to a shield skeleton
- Fixed issue where replays wouldn't get saved if you immediately hit 'R' after dying
- Fixed issue where arenas and transmogrifier could mess up determinism in future levels (because of item pool)