Author Topic: System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta] - Easier static shape loading. Kitchen in works!  (Read 111584 times)

cons
-really unstable and crashes your blockland if you enable anything wrong

pros
-amazing
-nolstalgia
-pretty well done

Make the kitchen, and the slopes

I think it is ironic how most of the work of making static shapes is put into making the collision meshes, rather than the visuals.
Like seriously, someone find a way to auto-write collision meshes or something.
I feel bad for the people trying to make maps, they spend hours making the loving collision meshes for them.
I'm not a programmer but it would be nice if someone would program something to autowrite  the collision meshes.

Maybe than I would get blender and make a blockland static map. if I made one it would be one of a full house: a map with bedrooms, kitchen,
living room, hallway, backyard, frontyard, and maybe something extra, all in one building.

If it takes this long to make collision for one room, HELL NO am I going to make a full house map!

But this addon is great and I'm grateful that there are people willing to sit at their computers for hours to make the collision for maps that already exist! just to be able to play them on v21. :cookie:

keep working on this, eventually you'll find and easy solution to this time consuming problem.

I think it is ironic how most of the work of making static shapes is put into making the collision meshes, rather than the visuals.
Like seriously, someone find a way to auto-write collision meshes or something.
I feel bad for the people trying to make maps, they spend hours making the loving collision meshes for them.
I'm not a programmer but it would be nice if someone would program something to autowrite  the collision meshes.

Maybe than I would get blender and make a blockland static map. if I made one it would be one of a full house: a map with bedrooms, kitchen,
living room, hallway, backyard, frontyard, and maybe something extra, all in one building.

If it takes this long to make collision for one room, HELL NO am I going to make a full house map!

But this addon is great and I'm grateful that there are people willing to sit at their computers for hours to make the collision for maps that already exist! just to be able to play them on v21. :cookie:

keep working on this, eventually you'll find and easy solution to this time consuming problem.

[img wi dth=500]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/78/Salt_shaker_on_white_background.jpg[/img]
what are you trying to say

what are you trying to say
could be "take it with a grain of salt"?

Wrapperup = Savior of Blockland

Let me tell you all a story.
Once upon a time, there was a game called Blockland.
It was so happy and peaceful that everyone enjoyed it.
Many people loved the interiors and terrains, being very good.
Suddenly one day, an evil Kompressor rose.
He said "I am removing the interiors and terrains so we can have shadows and shaders."
Everyone was shocked, and Kompressor set off the bombs.
The interiors and terrains, like the bedroom, kitchen, slopes, etc. were turned to ruin and the remains were removed.
Many people felt upset, especially the people that just loved interiors and terrains so much.
But one day, a mod creator named Wrapperup has the idea to bring the interiors and terrains back.
He worked hard, and it wasn't until later that there was a breakthrough.
He found out how to bring back Interiors and Terrains via Static Maps.
After working some more, he brought them back.
Everyone was excited and happy, some even cried in tears of joy.
People were loading their old saves, and experiencing the nostalgia.
The End.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 08:14:35 PM by Mr Queeba »

-what?-
They're really not that great for nostalgia. It would have been nostalgia if it was easy to make interiors, also there aren't any generating terrains, sadly.

After a few hours and getting a nasty piece of malware, I have imported the Kokiri Forest. It flickers if you look at it at some angles, and there is no collision. I'll try to make OoT maps a thing and probably would release them.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:28:02 PM by |Orange| »

Let me tell you all a story.
Once upon a time, there was a game called Blockland.
It was so happy and peaceful that everyone enjoyed it.
Many people loved the interiors and terrains, being very good.
Suddenly one day, an evil Kompressor rose.
He said "I am removing the interiors and terrains so we can have shadows and shaders."
Everyone was shocked, and Kompressor set off the bombs.
The interiors and terrains, like the bedroom, kitchen, slopes, etc. were turned to ruin and the remains were removed.
Many people felt upset, especially the people that just loved interiors and terrains so much.
But one day, a mod creator named Wrapperup has the idea to bring the interiors and terrains back.
He worked hard, and it wasn't until later that there was a breakthrough.
He found out how to bring back Interiors and Terrains via Static Maps.
After working some more, he brought them back.
Everyone was excited and happy, some even cried in tears of joy.
People were loading their old saves, and experiencing the nostalgia.
The End.
choo choo next hype train leaving progresstown via falsebridge

the hype lives on through the memory of wrapperup

After a few hours and getting a nasty piece of malware, I have imported the Kokiri Forest. It flickers if you look at it at some angles, and there is no collision. I'll try to make OoT maps a thing and probably would release them.

To fix the flickering issue, just go enter blender (i presume thats what you are using) and apply changes to the object to the mesh. ctrl a I believe

Ive been digging into the Blender Python API, I was thinking of making a plugin that would split up tbe mesh into seperate models and name them and put them in their respective layers, to speed up collision making.

For people who are new to blender (Like me), could you possibly whip up a quick crash course on how to create collision and texture?