Author Topic: Should I make a Five Nights At Freddys server?  (Read 835 times)

Okay, so I've sort of wanted to do this for awhile
BUT WAIT!
Its not going to be some stuffty RP. Its going to have a event power system, possible NPC animatronics (and player animatronics) and alot of really cool stuff.
Would anyone be interested in helping, or playing?

yeah but it doesnt seem easy though

You don't need our opinion for you to make it, but I understand.
FNAF would be very hard to do, since, well, the time period of the jobs are hard to impersonate.

Making good use of the "CancelEvents" (EG: hitting the door button cancels the event where you would die.) But getting this to be not abusable, and implementing a working power system are both increadibly hard to do with the default events.

Making a clock sounds easy enough, but making it work like hours instead of going through a cycle of 1-9 is also hard, IMO.

tl;dr: Good luck getting the events to work, if you do, this could be rediculously fun.

I would be interested in playing. But isn't Five Nights at Freddies singleplayer? Plus, you don't move around at all so the idea of it seems either really obnoxious or impossible.

I would be interested in playing. But isn't Five Nights at Freddies singleplayer? Plus, you don't move around at all so the idea of it seems either really obnoxious or impossible.
The other players would probably spectate, and the player would be kept in place with invisible bricks.

If you can make it work, then go ahead and make it.
Do remember though that someone made packs of the music and sounds taken from the game files and made into BL addons.

Well, I still am skeptical. The idea of a server like this would be incredibly boring. Plus, I'm sure players would get tired of waiting for the round to end. Spectators would probably leave.

TBH, I'm sure it would not be worth the effort. Don't attempt it, you probably will get players, but don't expect people to like your server much.

If you're good at coding, you could make it be two teams; Animatronics and Night Watch (1 player). Maybe have the different rooms connected by teledoors or zone them so you can modify the room variable for each player, disabling movement when a player's room variable matches that of the night watch's. It could be fun and maybe create competition among the Animatronics to catch the Night Watch first.

^^If you don't do that, don't bother starting anything.

If you're good at coding, you could make it be two teams; Animatronics and Night Watch (1 player). Maybe have the different rooms connected by teledoors or zone them so you can modify the room variable for each player, disabling movement when a player's room variable matches that of the night watch's. It could be fun and maybe create competition among the Animatronics to catch the Night Watch first.

^^If you don't do that, don't bother starting anything.
I haven't seen you in a while. :)
Hey, Ostinyo.

The idea of a server like this would be incredibly boring. Plus, I'm sure players would get tired of waiting for the round to end. Spectators would probably leave.

It is originally a singleplayer game, so you either have to make it multiplayer somehow or just don't open a server.
You can make it a singleplayer gamemode and post it on the forums though.