Author Topic: Nearly had my first car accident....with the fuzz  (Read 1084 times)

That's right. I was almost involved in a car accident with a police car. PLOTTWIST: It was the cop's fault. It was also my first time ever driving out by myself.

My parents and three of my sisters were out at a barn exercising our horse. I had already dropped off my brother and other sister at their gun safety/shooting sports class about five or six miles down the road. It was about 11:00am and they were done so I left to go pick them up. I was on Highway BB towards Hillsboro, MO. The speed limit is literally a limit, because it would probably be pretty tough to hit 55mph on the winding two-lane road with no shoulder and rock faces and dropoffs on either side.

I was going probably anywhere between 40 and 50 and saw a car gaining behind me. As he got closer, I saw that it was a brown unmarked Crown Victoria interceptor. It didn't have a spotlight, but it did have the Missouri State Highway Patrol license plates. He eventually began riding up on my bumper (to the point of tailgating), but I ignored him.

As I drove for about ten minutes, I saw my turn approaching, which was a small field next to a water treatment plant. Next to it was a line of about four baseball fields. There was a good 400ft left before I flicked my turn signal and began to gradually slow down. As my wheels began to go to the right to make the turn, I heard a loud screech and a blaring horn (he clearly wasn't paying attention). I instantly looked in the mirror and saw smoke pouring from the police car's tires as he was sliding towards me. I hit the gas hard to get out of the turn and he continued past me. A guy who was leaving the field in his truck was looking at the police car like "What the hell was that?" and started laughing.

After I picked up my brother and sister, I went back over the area and their were deep black tire marks crossing the center line. I don't think many people can say that the first time they drove by themselves that they were almost hit by a police car.

is it bad i drove by myself without my provisional license yet ;-;

frickin corrupt PIGS

is it bad i drove by myself without my provisional license yet ;-;

I don't have my license and I drive stick often.

My parents only started paying my insurance a couple days ago because State Farm got word that they have a licensed driver.

The speed limit is literally a limit, because it would probably be pretty tough to hit 55mph on the winding two-lane road with no shoulder and rock faces and dropoffs on either side.

Is that a challenge? I bet you I can hit 110.

Windy roads are my shin-dig.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:02:14 PM by $trinick »

i found a piece of fuzz in my airfilter

needs more exhaust pops

Go ahead man.

That road has at least a small shoulder and I don't see sheer dropoffs.

But saying 55mph wouldn't be fair I guess, since I was referring to this:

sounds like you handled that really well actually

sounds like you handled that really well actually
agreed nice work dude

My parents only started paying my insurance a couple days ago because State Farm got word that they have a licensed driver.
if i get my own car, my dad wants me to pay for my own insurance as well as any maintenance/repairs/gas that it needs :(

Go ahead man.

That road has at least a small shoulder and I don't see sheer dropoffs.

But saying 55mph wouldn't be fair I guess, since I was referring to this:

Nah, there aren't sheer dropoffs in that vid. And it does have a bike lane. I don't need a bike lane to drive though, and sheer dropoffs only matter if you go off the side. Once you learn to trust yourself, you don't really think about them anymore. I do mountain runs all the time, so I'm used to it.

i don't drive spiritually at night because my car is crossed-eye real bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPSeu8i9qIA
yes its in portrait peel with it

My parents and three of my sisters were out at a barn exercising our horse. I had already dropped off my brother and other sister at their gun safety/shooting sports class about five or six miles down the road.

winding two-lane road with no shoulder and rock faces and dropoffs on either side.

small field next to a water treatment plant.

four baseball fields.