Author Topic: Would downloading v20 of blockland mess up my v21 files?  (Read 1041 times)

I wanted to download blockland v20, but I'm afraid that it will mess up my v21 files. Will it?

Do you use V21 on Steam?

You could actually set a custom installation path in the installer and you should be fine, just don't make the path in your documents if you don't use Steam, and don't make it under Program Files either way. Also be careful about hosting V20 servers, apparently from what I've heard, you can get banned for hosting them on the server list. There was an old way to hide it from the server list, but I can't find it.

I don't believe you will get banned if you have it passworded, because of the reason Badspot hates you having it on the server list is that it will mess up clients trying to join.
And then of course those clients would post a topic asking why it isn't connecting, and Badspot or someone else would have to explain why.
So hosting it while passworded should be fine.

Even if you make a custom installation path, the updater will break it I believe.
You need to find one with a script to launch it without the updater.

I don't believe you will get banned if you have it passworded, because of the reason Badspot hates you having it on the server list is that it will mess up clients trying to join.
And then of course those clients would post a topic asking why it isn't connecting, and Badspot or someone else would have to explain why.
So hosting it while passworded should be fine.Even if you make a custom installation path, the updater will break it I believe.
You need to find one with a script to launch it without the updater.
You can connect fine it's just you crash on datablocks.

You can connect fine it's just you crash on datablocks.
That's kinda what I meant.

If you are careful and know what you are doing, it shouldn't. Don't ever host a public server in V20 unless you know what you're doing.

ushally why doesnt badspot like them hosting V20 Servers?

i dont get it

ushally why doesnt badspot like them hosting V20 Servers?

i dont get it
Did you even read all of the posts? If a player on a never version joins a server hosting a older version, they crash

Host a v20 server with password, and tell the password ONLY To the people that has it, otherwise badspot will punish you by clearing your server from the server list, so no one will see it. This happens because people that join the server that are on v21, will crash on the Datablocks, and probably messing up the master server.

when i attempted a custom instalation path it just made a blockland folder on my path and continued to place all of blockland's files in documents... :P but im sure i can just copy all that to my path anyhow if i really cared that much.

If you are careful and know what you are doing, it shouldn't. Don't ever host a public server in V20 unless you know what you're doing.
    What if I did a offline sever?