Barnabas' Unceremonious Add-on Dump

Poll

Vehicle Door Animations: Which Would You Prefer?

Keep door animations the same. Smooth, fluid animations, but vehicles with more than four animated parts  requires bot supplements.
12 (16%)
Make them open like the default .blb doors - No bots would be required, also allows me to free up animation threads for other things (turn signals, etc).
56 (74.7%)
Ditch the animated doors entirely, they have been a nuisance, they are only a tired gimmick.
7 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Barnabas' Unceremonious Add-on Dump  (Read 143401 times)

Pain to control? How so?
Looking at it, it makes the car feel extremely heavy. You can't make sharp turns at a moderate - high speed

Looking at it, it makes the car feel extremely heavy. You can't make sharp turns at a moderate - high speed
You have to tap the brake or stop accelerating a bit to make sharper tuns, cars actually do that instead of accelerating all the way even at turns in real life.

You have to tap the brake or stop accelerating a bit to make sharper tuns, cars actually do that instead of accelerating all the way even at turns in real life.
I know what to do, that just removes the fun in driving.

I don't see how bouncing around uncontrolably is more fun than- you know what whatever I would rather not keep discussing this anymore.

why always the old cars? its werid

why always the old cars? its werid
Bro, stop bumping topics.

Maybe they are all old cars cause that's what Barnabas prefers to model. If you think that it's weird, then just don't download the cars if u have a problem with them being older.

A bit of a thread necromancy here:

I got the Berlinetta in-game :')

That is.....Astonishing. That car I could see being in Le-mans in 1967 fighting against Ferrari and Ford.

Bump, before it gets too old. Also, I've been thinking about migrating files to Blockland Glass. What do you think about that?

Bump, before it gets too old. Also, I've been thinking about migrating files to Blockland Glass. What do you think about that?
Please do

I know this is a very late response, but:
You and I have very different ideas about what makes driving fun.
For me, pointing the car anywhere you want at any speed like it's made of magnets is not fun at all.

I think Blockland Glass seems to be a good way to go. It should make updating files much better for users.

I know this is a very late response, but:
You and I have very different ideas about what makes driving fun.
For me, pointing the car anywhere you want at any speed like it's made of magnets is not fun at all.
Drifty cars the best

I know this is weird, but I like a car that can understeer (corners badly if you try to go full steering lock at full speed) The case with those cars is that they tend to actually turn better at full speed if you steer only a little, and much better if you take a second to slow down a little. It rewards not being careless.

Maybe it's not in the spirit of Blockland but this is what happens when fans of driving games are the ones making car handling. I don't want the road cars to feel the same as the race cars.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:03:29 PM by Teneksi »

I know this is weird, but I like a car that can understeer (corners badly if you try to go full steering lock at full speed) The case with those cars is that they tend to actually turn better at full speed if you steer only a little, and much better if you take a second to slow down a little. It rewards not being careless.

Maybe it's not in the spirit of Blockland but this is what happens when fans of driving games are the ones making car handling. I don't want the road cars to feel the same as the race cars.
I fully agree