Author Topic: Apple Watch  (Read 6324 times)

Apple pay is no more dangerous than any of the ten thousand off brand credit card machines you see at any store you go to. Every single one of those could be hacked to store credit card data of every customer that comes through.

Statistically, only 1.67% of PC users use some distribution of Linux. It would be a waste of their time and money to develop for such a small userbase.
My point was that they should use flash. Quicktime sucks.

Besides, I am not only referring to Linux. I am referring to Unix-like operating systems in general, of which apple develops two. If they already made one that can run on Mac OS X then how hard would it be to make one that is posix-compliant?

well, yeah
Stop.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/apple-pay/

Okay so basically this might be even more secure than normal CC cards (maybe). It stores the cards in a dedicated chip on the phone, just like the Touch ID, so no one can actually access the card from outside (server, etc.) means.

Actually, you have that backwards. Mac OSX is fully POSIX compliant -- it's linux that is only partially POSIX compliant.

My point was that they should use flash. Quicktime sucks.
i agree.
or we should stuff on google, microsoft and mozilla until they implement quicktime by default built in. im sick to hell of having to download these stupid things to get something working. hello, 2014 not 2006

jesus, what's next? an iToilet?

Actually, you have that backwards. Mac OSX is fully POSIX compliant -- it's linux that is only partially POSIX compliant.
I'm not saying Mac isn't. I'm saying that quicktime isn't.

Besides, if they were really too lazy to make a Unix/Linux version of quicktime(which would be practically nothing for apple, the company who has just released a solid-gold electronic watch) then why not just use flash?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:51:21 PM by blueblur121 »

why not just use flash?
Because apple is a company. They're not going to promote someone elses product by using a flash player on their own website which has their own in-browser media player. They're going to promote their own products. This is seriously simple stuff here. They don't care about which is more widely used, they care about money.

Adobe (and thus Flash) is a competitor, it's not even just about money. Businesses do not use competitors' products.

If I was ever to get one of these I'd wait for the 2nd gen

Adobe (and thus Flash) is a competitor, it's not even just about money. Businesses do not use competitors' products.
I covered this in my post yes

I covered this in my post yes
I didn't read your post before replying to him, richardface mcgee. I've never seen someone be such an ass about someone else supporting their argument.

Actually, no. I just happened to say something that invalidates what you just said anyway. I said "it's not even just about money." which is directly counter to your statement of "They don't care about which is more widely used, they care about money."

So no, you didn't cover it in your post.

That post really rubbed me in the wrong way though.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:58:53 PM by $trinick »

damn i have to complain about the new iphone 6 design. it seems.... ew

those volume buttons. what happened. why the android setup. why the rounded edges. why the camera poking out. you couldve took the iphone 5s, and stretched it out. boom, new phone, big market for it as everyone is into huge ass phones now (when 2020 comes we will hold up television sized phones to our head)

but then again i havent touched one yet. maybe the large design with those straight edges would hurt your hand.

omg i just noticed the power button is not on the top anymore. really. if i wanted to buy an android setup i would just buy an android.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:00:24 PM by Blockzillahead »

I didn't read your post before replying to him, richardface mcgee. I've never seen someone be such an ass about someone else supporting their argument.
I wasn't trying to be mean about it, sorry :/

richardface mcgee

Someone has a new nickname.

Anyway, I still think apple should stop trying to compete against flash with quicktime. I think the only reason quicktime is still a thing is because if they started supporting flash on all of their products, then people could possibly play flash games on iOS devices and that would threaten apple's control of things people can play on their phone.