Author Topic: I need a good, reliable server host.  (Read 2181 times)

If you're not tech literate, then you would definitely need to go with the Windows VPS if you can't get managed hosting. The Windows VPS is pretty easy, you get a remote desktop which you then control just like any other windows computer. To transfer files, you should look up a tutorial on how to set up Filezilla server (it's really simple).
I'll look it up, thanks!
I have my eye on servermania....

http://linode.com/ - Great extremely high performance Linux servers (Good DDoS policy)
I'm considering getting a linode server, will the 1GB be good enough for blockland, or should I use the 2?
Also, how does it work, I've never messed with anything like a VPS before.

I'm considering getting a linode server, will the 1GB be good enough for blockland, or should I use the 2?
Also, how does it work, I've never messed with anything like a VPS before.
Linux server is 100% command-line based. You'll want to have some significant experience with the Linux terminal before you mess with any Linux server.

Linux server is 100% command-line based. You'll want to have some significant experience with the Linux terminal before you mess with any Linux server.
I use Linux myself, and I discovered this after checking more into Linode, I think I'll be able to use it.

Basically, how it will work is that you use an SSH client such as PuTTY to connect directly to the server. PuTTY will automatically create a remote terminal connection with the server, and then you simply log in and start using it.

Also the 1GB server is okay if you're only hosting 1 Blockland server.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:38:48 AM by Pecon »

http://linode.com/ - Great extremely high performance Linux servers (Good DDoS policy)

Linode's DDoS policy is "get attacked 3 times and you're out".

Linode's DDoS policy is "get attacked 3 times and you're out".
Based on the stuff you linked me, it appears that they apply that rule only if the attack is severe enough to cause problems throughout their entire datacenter-- which has a 50Gb/s connection. Most of the DDoS attacks we've seen going around Blockland were usually around 300 - 600 Mb/s, which their network can easily handle.

In other words: You're only screwed if your attacker has the money to waste on an EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE botnet. Your typical everyday attack around here isn't enough.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:30:46 PM by Pecon »

Looking at ServerMania to host 1 or 2 servers, which package should I get for a Windows VPS?

budget is probably $45, wanna know which is the best deal for 1 or 2 servers.

Looking at ServerMania to host 1 or 2 servers, which package should I get for a Windows VPS?

budget is probably $45, wanna know which is the best deal for 1 or 2 servers.
The 2GB server can host up to 3 Blockland servers pretty reasonably.

Hammereditor could be willing to host something for you for a price I bet you, also a new service has to be released already considering how much demand there is for another one now.

Hammereditor could be willing to host something for you for a price I bet you, also a new service has to be released already considering how much demand there is for another one now.
Hammerhost didn't work for me, so that's why i'm asking for a new hoster.

Hammereditor quit Blockland and moved on to Unturned

Hammerhost didn't work for me, so that's why i'm asking for a new hoster.
NFOServers

I'm waiting till I get money, and when I do I will either get a dedicated server or a VPS.
Most likely a VPS though.