My aunt recently died.

Author Topic: My aunt recently died.  (Read 555 times)

She died last Sunday due to a stroke, which in turn was due to liver complications. She has been suffering and waiting for 3 long, painful years to recieve a liver. She never got one (which pisses me off).

I think it was about 1 or 2 times she was about to get a liver, and just before such, the liver was either not a match or had complications and she was bumped down the list due to others who had more severe conditions moving past her (I think that is what happened).

She was my godmother and confirmation sponsor, and that was one of the last times I ever talked to her before she passed.

She donated all of the non-compromised organs, gave skin, and both of her brilliant blue eyes to those who need them. She apparently saved or helped 50 people as of today.

She fought hard, however, fate has spoken. She died peacefully by her family's side.

Rest in peace, Aunt Eileen.

this year loving sucks.
my condolences.

this year loving sucks.
my condolences.
ikr
my great grand father died last week
he was awesome
and i also cried at the funerals

How old was she when she passed away? I just hope she lived a full happy life.

How old was she when she passed away? I just hope she lived a full happy life.
She was only 51 years old, but she looked like crap due to her liver disease.

And no, I don't believe it was alcohol.

Shame to pass when so young, but great for her to donate what she could.

my condolences.

One of my two remaining great grandmothers is on her last days. Her Alzheimer's has progressed so far that she can't even swallow anymore. She's signing off any day now. I think she is 87.