Author Topic: english teacher's being a jerk  (Read 1409 times)

yay another loving off topic post from yours truly

so, during English today, I yawned a silent yawn. Y'know, the ones where you yawn but you don't make that "AUUUUGHHHH" noise?

So, she asked me to keep my cover my mouth, I stayed quiet sorta accepting.

She then goes on to make an brown townogy(?) of me saying I'm a rhinoceros and laughed.

So, I shout "You're being a jerk" and she flips. She says she's doing it to "educate the class" on how she referred to me as something else, but I continued to say that I took offense to that after she spoke, and even if it was a joke I found it offensive.

She then blabbers on about how I shouldn't be talking to her like this so I continue to say that she was being very offensive towards me and I didn't like it. She then tells me to move to a lone desk near the front so she wouldn't have to look at me. Five minutes of awkward silence of us doing a stare-off afterwards, me not moving.

After the class everyone agreed that she was being offensive out of nowhere, and they were gonna laugh during the awkward silence, because, well, it was awkward silence guys.

So, yeah, uh, discuss I guess. I'm probably in the wrong but I sorta just wanna see your opinions.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:19:58 PM by 16-Bit Yoshi »

I think its stupid that teachers go and make jokes about their students, they're not stand up comedians that can get away with tribal and offensive jokes towards groups or certain people, they're teachers. there are plenty of other jokes that can help "teach" the class that they can talk about.

Some teachers can pull it off though.

your teacher made a joke and you yelled "YOU'RE A JERK"
are you like four

your teacher made a joke and you yelled "YOU'RE A JERK"
are you like four
maybe, i dunno
shes been making fun of me for a while though, i just sorta decided to stand up for myself, also, i said it once, but it got drowned out by the class talking, so i kept raising my voice till she heard me.

been in this situation more then once. usually it ends with them telling me to respect them and me telling them that you must respect to give respect.

i'm seeing that you people don't understand the concept of "authority"

well we have different view points
i'm 13 so i'm a friend who thinks hes "2cool4skool"
and the rest think what they think

authority is a broken word.

yes, your mom/dad/whatever is authority.
the government is authority
your teachers aren't authority unless authority counts as giving detentions/suspensions.

english teachers HAVE to be sarcastic.

just roll with the stuff and respond back with a witty comment.

authority is a broken word.

yes, your mom/dad/whatever is authority.
the government is authority
your teachers aren't authority unless authority counts as giving detentions/suspensions.
They are authority, you're in their class and you're supposed to follow their rules

being in a position of authority doesnt mean you can insult students

if a teacher ever insulted you whether as a joke or not and you found it offensive and just sat there then im sorry but i sort of feel bad for you

when she told me to move i would have said okay and just left and gone to the main office or whatever
ive done similar before

being in a position of authority doesnt mean you can insult students
I think you need to learn what joking is in addition to understanding the concept of authority.

Well, let's look at the facts. They're the ones in charge and capable of reprimanding you... you aren't... Yes, I'd say they are authority.
Get over it.

I think you need to learn what joking is in addition to understanding the concept of authority.
Well, let's look at the facts. They're the ones in charge and capable of reprimanding you... you aren't... Yes, I'd say they are authority.
Get over it.
apologies if im being a dimwit at this point
so, basically, bullyings not allowed in most schools
and, well, i'll just stop there cause you know where i'm going

i dont have a problem with teachers joking with their students
they should however know where the line is and not blatantly insult a student in front of all his peers

but i guess if that ever happens to me again (doubt it) ill just sit there and take it because theyre the authority