Author Topic: Coffin Bot/Zombie Spawn  (Read 2111 times)

Was just tinkering around with default zombie bots and thought it'd be mega-cool if you could make the coffin brick spawn a zombie when you opened it. 

It'd be a coffin that looks exactly like the default one, except a zombie would be hiding inside of it (idle, of course, so you can't see it moving around in the coffin)  So then, when you open it, the zombie wakes up and starts chasing you.  I just think that would be so neato.
Would also be cool to have a zombie laying down in the laying-down coffin and when you opened it he sat up and got out.

Here's some visual representations of what I am talking about:

coffin

spoopy zombie

spoopy mummies too. sometimes.

If someone makes this I'll make a super cool tomb to explore with them and you'll love it.

There are ways to make it so the bot will go in there when it spawns and wait for opening to start attacking, but it would be easier if they spawned in them.

I was richarding around with this last night. It's very difficult to get the bot in there while he's idle , and if you let him wander into it while he isn't idle, he just opens it himself and leaves

I am not aware of any default method of turning off
A bots ability to click

I was richarding around with this last night. It's very difficult to get the bot in there while he's idle , and if you let him wander into it while he isn't idle, he just opens it himself and leaves

A bots ability to click

iirc,
OnBotSpawn>Bot>blah Idle blah>[spam Off]

if you let him wander into it while he isn't idle, he just opens it himself and leaves
I don't know why the idea of a bot just leaving where he should be is so funny to me.

What would you purpose? Four spawn holes that look like coffins? Or an event that goes on a regular bot hole like onBotSpawn > Bot > moveToCoffin > [BRICK_NAME] ?

iirc,
OnBotSpawn>Bot>blah Idle blah>[spam Off]
that didn't work, I already tried turning all of those options off
What would you purpose? Four spawn holes that look like coffins? Or an event that goes on a regular bot hole like onBotSpawn > Bot > moveToCoffin > [BRICK_NAME] ?
Was thinking more an actual coffin brick that worked exactly the same as a coffin brick except it also had a bot waiting inside

A bots ability to click

Set him to  walk towards a brick behind the coffin, then set him to face towards a brick in front of the coffin. Set him not to wander. I think that should work. Then perhaps disable the coffin from opening unless it is activated by a player (if I recall correctly there are on bot activate events or something like that set it to cancel events or something like that). I would have to do some testing as it has been a very long times since I worked with eventing (and I am more used to the original bot mod rather than badspot's version), but I think that is how to do it.

Either way, a Coffin spawn would work a lot better  :cookieMonster:

Are bot holes 3x3? If they are you can shove the spawns in coffins and when the coffin open you can power the bot.

Are bot holes 3x3? If they are you can shove the spawns in coffins and when the coffin open you can power the bot.
Nop they are 4x4.

that wouldn't even work anyways because Bots won't spawn on their holes unless they have ample amounts of room.  AND I'm pretty sure you can't put a straight up 3x3 brick inside a coffin

AND I'm pretty sure you can't put a straight up 3x3 brick inside a coffin
I put a checkpoint in one the other day. Also 3x3 is ample room for a bot to spawn.

I put a checkpoint in one the other day. Also 3x3 is ample room for a bot to spawn.
Nope, try blocking a bot spawn by 1 brick or so.  It won't spawn.

This doesn't matter anyways, because there isn't a 3x3 bot spawn either >.>  Even if there was a 3x3, the door of the coffin covers part of 1 of the bricks and it probably wouldn't spawn.  I'd love to be proven wrong, but either way, someone has to make a new bot spawn... 

The hacky suggestions aren't helpful guys lol.  There obviously isn't a way to do this with default mods that works 100% of the time and is clean.  Either someone has to make a new type of bot spawn, or this isn't possible...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:56:09 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »