Author Topic: small rant about "invisible colors" in colorsets  (Read 859 times)

they're pointless. you could just set the rendering off. making the color fully transparent will still be visible with shaders. i cringe when i see a fully loaded colorset with an invisible color because that's a spot they could have used for a much more useful color

why don't we solve this problem by making a tool, called the InvisCan. when sprayed it will turn the rendering off of a brick, like what was intended. that way, colorsets don't need to waste a space on ignorant people and we could have another very useful tool in our disposal

They're useful for hiding stuff

Lights don't work with rendering off.

They're useful for hiding stuff
they're still visible with shaders on and you could just turn the rendering off. read pls

A light attached to a brick will not cast any light or display a flare if the brick has rendering disabled.

they're still visible with shaders on and you could just turn the rendering off. read pls
Lights don't work with rendering off.
read pls
1.  Having an "invisible color" is so lights can work.  Lights will not work with rendering off.
2.  Having an independent tool for this will take up more datablocks than necessary.  If you want, set NoRendering to copy on a wrench, and use auto-wrench (opt. with rapid fire mod).

Arguing about invisibility?

I just don't see the point.

Arguing about invisibility?

I just don't see the point.

That joke was so transparent I cant fathom how your parents couldn't see through your good appearance.