Author Topic: so I think my ISP is closing ports  (Read 408 times)

...and it's pissing me off. Yeah I've been hosting Blockland for the past two years on port 28000 and now I find out that port is now closed. I started hosting Minecraft on 80 (one of the only ports I found open), and now I check today and it's closed.

like seriously. all I'm doing is hosting games for me and my friends to play on, it's not like i'm making money off of it.

any idea what to do, if anything?

Do ISPs just close ports like that? That seems really arbitrary and pointless to me

Do ISPs just close ports like that? That seems really arbitrary and pointless to me
Apparently they do. Cause on their end they can't really tell if I'm hosting a bunch of clients or something else against their ToS

Apparently they do. Cause on their end they can't really tell if I'm hosting a bunch of clients or something else against their ToS
Ring them up or swap the ports.

comcast is known for being king of the stuffternet and I haven't had anything
are you using a different router?

Blocking port 80 makes sense, cuz some ISPs don't want you hosting web servers on their connection, but arbitrary ports doesn't make sense.
It's more likely a configuration issue on your end; perhaps a firewall change, or perhaps your computer's LAN IP was changed and no longer matches the IP being forwarded to