A custom master server

Author Topic: A custom master server  (Read 16084 times)

Now, keep i mind, i know nothing of webservers and hosting websites, but i do have a as of now unused VPS. Maybe suitable for testing

Windows or Linux? If it's Linux, you can shoot me the credentials in a PM and I can set it up for you. I don't have class on Tuesdays, so I'm sure I could get you a working master server by Wednesday.

I know nothing about Windows / WAMP server stacks though, so if it's windows you're SOL and all I can give you is the PHP files.

Yay... If we start a server on v20, will it appear on the master server or what that changed?

It does not appear unless you modify one piece of code. Not telling what that piece of code is.

It's really not that hard, you just change the version number to be v21 in the post request. That's not even what we're talking about though.

It's really not that hard, you just change the version number to be v21 in the post request. That's not even what we're talking about though.

I only asked that because I don't want to get banned for the v20 server being on the master server for v21

Windows or Linux? If it's Linux, you can shoot me the credentials in a PM and I can set it up for you. I don't have class on Tuesdays, so I'm sure I could get you a working master server by Wednesday.

I know nothing about Windows / WAMP server stacks though, so if it's windows you're SOL and all I can give you is the PHP files.
How is this going?

How is this going?

I don't have a VPS to spare and Dannu hasn't contacted me.

-snip-
I blanked out on some of that, PM-ing

-snip-
I blanked out on some of that, PM-ing

Yay so is this going into effect or something?

Is this actually going to happen?, cause if it did. I would totally join and play for hours!!!  :cookieMonster:

It wasn't a joke, I just need a Linux server to set it up on. I don't have one and tbh I'm not really down to pay for one just for this purpose. But if someone wants to donate $5/m or a Linux VPS to make this happen, then hell yeah it can happen.

I have an unused Linux VPS lying around.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:05:52 PM by Wrapperup »

When a server posts to the master server
- Http: Request, POST /postServer.php
    Command: POST
  - URI: /postServer.php
    ProtocolVersion: HTTP/1.0
    Host:  master2.blockland.us
  + ContentType:  application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    ContentLength:  159
    HeaderEnd: CRLF
  - payload: HttpContentType =  application/x-www-form-urlencoded
     ServerName: testing
     Port: 28100
     Players: 1
     MaxPlayers: 20
     Map: Custom
     Mod:
     Passworded: 0
     Dedicated: 0
     BrickCount: 0
     DemoPlayers: 0
     blid: 42358
     csg: 1800
     ver: 21 (any other version, and the master server blocks it out.)
     build: 1931 (including this too)
    payload: HttpContentType =  application/x-www-form-urlencoded

This is when you ping the master server for a list, it just poorly parses a raw text file. (Maybe make the new master server json encoded? :)
- Http: Request, GET /index.php
    Command: GET
  - URI: /index.php
    ProtocolVersion: HTTP/1.0
    Host:  master2.blockland.us
    HeaderEnd: CRLF

So for the client, just perhaps have a button to post to new master server using the same method, just a different url?

It wasn't a joke, I just need a Linux server to set it up on. I don't have one and tbh I'm not really down to pay for one just for this purpose. But if someone wants to donate $5/m or a Linux VPS to make this happen, then hell yeah it can happen.

I have an unused Linux VPS lying around.

There, problem solved. That is..., unless wrappers post is misleading. Ah whatever.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:54:56 PM by chubaka452 »