Author Topic: Select players to be highlighted in chat  (Read 1815 times)

Playing Furdle's GTA today, i noticed how hard it was to have a conversation with someone in a servers so packed.

The idea:
You can select players in F2 menu and toggle Highlight status, so what they say, is highlighted somehow in general chat. Maybe their name is green and their text italic

That would be pretty helpful. It's just too bad RTB shut down, we could just PM other players... :c

Crying wont bring it back so get over it and get steam or something

Get DaProg's RTB remake. It has a whole new chat server and planned add-on hosting

would be neat to have an addon to put chat from a list of players into a separate area, might make it easier to see if there's a ton of people talking

That might cludder the screen and make unclear who the people on that list are exactly talking too

Wouldn't be too hard for someone who knows their GUIs.

That might cludder the screen and make unclear who the people on that list are exactly talking too

I'm assuming this would be client sided. I can make this if you guys want me to.

I'm assuming this would be client sided. I can make this if you guys want me to.
Yes please c:

Bump? How is this going?

Get DaProg's RTB remake. It has a whole new chat server and planned add-on hosting

You can also PM other players on Steam. Steam BL is free if you already have a key.

Still a decent suggestion.

Ok, I wrote the code for it, it just needs to be packaged up. Basically it does what the first post requested, let me know if you guys find any problems with it.

To highlight someone, you basically double click their name in the F2 list. Currently there is no way to see who's been highlighted but you can always navigate to "config/client/HighlightChat/names.txt" and view the names from there.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=3wuPM61K
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:41:01 PM by elm »

for clueless players who don't know how to package add-ons I tried to package it myself.
let me know if it wont work.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2r346qc0hd8iy9j/Client_highlightChat.zip?dl=0

Superbro11's add-on version seems okay judging by the code and the packaging, only the description is a bit vague.

Just for any of you paranoid people