Author Topic: TV Studio (Updated 9/19/14)  (Read 3120 times)

Hello. This is my first gallery post. It is a (WIP) TV studio.

I started work on this project earlier this week. It is a recording studio which is somewhat based upon this.

Here are a few screenshots I've taken.

This is a shot looking towards the set.

This is another view looking towards the set.

This is a picture of the set, which is still being worked on.

This is the view from the catwalk, which still has things to be added to it.

This is a view looking at a new extension to the set.

An overview of the building so far

(Sorry about the pagestretch).

Anyway, there are many things I still need to finish, most importantly the rest of equipment. Once I finish this studio, I will add a series of hallways with other rooms connecting to them. Other than that, I also need to add in more lighting and generally de-spam the entire building.

UPDATES:

Windows completely replaced with plain walls.
TV rebuilt (not permanent design).
Cameras added (not permanent design).

I do not plan on releasing this to the public because of possible issues with loading the map and/or the colorset.

Since this is still WIP, I will not take any ratings, but feel free to give any criticism you can lend. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:31:12 PM by Jibby »

This is pretty good
good luck on it

Not to be mean, but when you walk into a TV studio, they have a front entrance but the studio itself is deep within the actual structure.

Not to be mean, but when you walk into a TV studio, they have a front entrance but the studio itself is deep within the actual structure.
Thanks. I may add a separate entrance which leads to the studio on one side and maybe some editing rooms or offices on another.

I'm not an expert on TV studios or anything, but I've been in a couple, and from what I remember the rooms where filming takes place didn't have many or any windows - this thing is solid windows. The big windowed area you have now looks more like the entrance area to the building, while (like suburb said) the actual studio might be better deeper inside. Keep expanding on it.

I really don't like the TV, but everything else is nice.

I'm not an expert on TV studios or anything, but I've been in a couple, and from what I remember the rooms where filming takes place didn't have many or any windows - this thing is solid windows. The big windowed area you have now looks more like the entrance area to the building, while (like suburb said) the actual studio might be better deeper inside. Keep expanding on it.
I intended to post the same thing.

a TV studio doesnt have so many dang windows dude... might want to fix that.

Originally, I put a later of black 5x heights covering up the windows. I didn't really like the style of that, but I will probably replace all the windows with 5x height white walls. Thanks for your feedback.

Can confirm. I live near multiple TV studios. They have like, no windows at all.

Updated topic! A few new features added. Still working on it, lots of progress on the main studio. Thanks for your feedback!

studio lights.
director's chair.

add those.