Author Topic: What's up with these two posts  (Read 701 times)

README: not trying to spam off-topic and i pretty much try to stay away from creating topics to much but i was just really curious about this, so im sorry about the double-topic thing overall.

i have a couple questions about some old posts i found from like 2006 on

first one

have you always been able to do that with quotes? can you still do it?
Answered

second one

name is not clickable and it says guest below, and it isnt a profile picture. did guest users use to be a thing and then get removed?
Answered
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:01:58 AM by Blockaium »

a "guest" is a deleted account.

and quotes used to make pyramids by default, but it got to be really annoying
when
they
did
this

a "guest" is a deleted account.

and quotes used to make pyramids by default, but it got to be really annoying
when
they
did
this

Guest means the profile was deleted. Which confuses me. Shouldn't that delete posts? What was that one stuffstorm that happened a while back where half the posts on the forum got wiped or something?

Quotes used to pyramid like that. I personally didn't mind them, but it does look cleaner without them.

why'd you quote and bump this/that
ogm a 1 hour bump
ban himm badspoot!!1!

why'd you quote and bump this/that
ikr omggggggg like
whyyyyy
why would he do that? what a #n00b

seriously who just POSTS stuff here am i right? posting is like so 90210 seconds agooooooo #swag

Guest means the profile was deleted. Which confuses me. Shouldn't that delete posts?
Deleting the user gives an option to delete their posts. The posts aren't stored as a subset of the user, they're just linked together. When that link goes dead it just doesn't link to a profile or avatar.