Author Topic: don't dare drama me  (Read 19266 times)

I too agree with this.
Quotes should be about quoting it exactly, grammar and all.

should be, yeah

but apparently grammar scholars say otherwise so PFTPHFHTPHFTPHF

should be, yeah

but apparently grammar scholars say otherwise so PFTPHFHTPHFTPHF

what do they know???

Has anyone looked in Goldstein's signature complaining about his ban?

Quote from: Emmanuel Goldstein's profile signature
"Sorry Emmanuel Goldstein, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
8 Days: Bragging about being a jerk online"
What bullstuff; I admitted that what I was doing was wrong. I guess it's time to migrate forums.

well gg no re, starfish.

that theme made up for the cringe

hey guys i broke into an elementary school and kicked a bunch of kids, but it's ok because i now admit that what i did was wrong. i learned a lesson!

hey guys i broke into an elementary school and kicked a bunch of kids, but it's ok because i now admit that what i did was wrong. i learned a lesson!
My sides grew back.
Tucking time paradoxes.

3 years for this HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE crime.

Even though it's correct grammar, I disagree with it. I think that punctuation should only be in quotes if it's in the actual quote. It makes much more sense.

I actually think that the combination of ". looks absolutely horrid. It just rubs me the wrong way. The period goes inside the quote because you're using that quote to terminate your sentence, you're not adding anything after it. Since you're using the quote to terminate your sentence, regardless of the way it was written originally it is the terminal end of a sentence and thus houses the period. If your sentence cannot be considered successfully terminated by that quotation then you need to either add more after it or change the quotation to quote something that does terminate your sentence.

Snip.
In the case of a period, one may argue either way, but what about when using a question mark, when singling out a word or phrase within quotes.

In the case of a period, one may argue either way, but what about when using a question mark, when singling out a word or phrase within quotes.
If the phrase is a question, the question mark goes outside the quotation. If the quoted material is a question, it goes inside.