Author Topic: Topic Too Old  (Read 2255 times)

Honestly, I think its fine the way it is.

i agree
and holy stuff how long have you been back

aaaaaa dunno about everywhere.
if this happened, you'd get a bunch of people jumping on stuffty threads and bumping them, getting banned, and then other people would post "omg why did you bump what's wrong with you forgethead", which would result in badspot having to remove multiple posts constantly.

I think it belongs in gallery/add-ons, that's it.
maybe help.

I sortof cringed because you didnt read
for the OPs

He means for the people who created the threads

I sortof cringed because you didnt read
He means for the people who created the threads

oh oops.
ye that's a much better idea lol, dont know why i missed that.

It never used to be like this a few years ago, my uneducated theory is that it becomes "too old" once it reaches a certain page number in the thread list of that section (so if a link is on page 10 or whatever then it's 'too old')
Just a random guess that I'm throwing into discussion.

A topic becomes 'too old' after 60 days, at least in the general discussion and add-on forums. those are the two forums that I checked

i agree
and holy stuff how long have you been back
Neither of you really make mods though (correct me if I'm wrong), so you wouldn't be able to relate to the point I'm trying to make at all.

Neither of you really make mods though (correct me if I'm wrong), so you wouldn't be able to relate to the point I'm trying to make at all.
I don't have to be a mod maker to be able to relate to your subject. Sure mod makers experience the TTO warning the most but you don't have to be a mod maker to be able to relate. There are people that post in other sections like Gallery, Faces & Decals, And General Discussion that experience the same issue. Just not as often as people in the Add-on section.

i fully support this

and nobody cared

I don't have to be a mod maker to be able to relate to your subject. Sure mod makers experience the TTO warning the most but you don't have to be a mod maker to be able to relate. There are people that post in other sections like Gallery, Faces & Decals, And General Discussion that experience the same issue. Just not as often as people in the Add-on section.
Ok fair, but mod makers experience it way more, as you just said.  And since there wouldn't be any harm in changing it, why leave it?

Ok fair, but mod makers experience it way more, as you just said.  And since there wouldn't be any harm in changing it, why leave it?
Ok, I guess it could use a change. Maybe the OOT limit for the OP can be 3 months, Then the OOT limit for other users could be 1 month and 2 weeks. I don't think it would be the brightest idea to get rid of the OOT limit entirely for the OP. It would get abused the forget out of by older users and other users wanting to bump stuffty spam topics that they made ages ago.