#gamergate megathread

Author Topic: #gamergate megathread  (Read 122632 times)

i know this nero guy had a sudden change in heart about gamergate (suddenly deciding to support it while at first he thought it was dumb) which is always a little fishy but you know
"Gee, this syringe isn't suspicious, I'll inject it into myself!"

Edit: king of page 50
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:05:14 PM by joe411 »

somebody slam dunk anita sarkeesian into the trash

somebody slam dunk anita sarkeesian into the trash

<insert Space Jam here>

This is what happens when lying narcissists get into a position of power.

step 1. make gigantic, negative generalisation about very significant and large group of people X, implying that group is to blame for Y terrible occurance
---effect a. reap the praise from your supporters for gaining ground on w/e irrelevant issue using something that's a real issue
---effect b. fire up people that disagree with you violently
---effect c. get neutral parties concerned about event Y to become interested in your plight against group X
---effect d. get neutral parties concerned about event Y to become concerned about your plight against group X
step 2. wait for the effects to kick in
step 3. observe which effects are most beneficial and most detrimental to you
step 4. claim that people are being unfair and bullying you after your sweeping generalisations of group X using irrelevant event Y

i'm not sure why i bothered trying to use my brain to break this down because honestly i'm probably putting in more effort than she did but there you go

people seem to have an extremely unhealthy habit of thinking "well if we all just ignore her, and dont criticize her at all, she'll have to go away!"

people seem to have an extremely unhealthy habit of thinking "well if we all just ignore her, and dont criticize her at all, she'll have to go away!"

Its like ignoring that your stove is on and thinking that it'll turn itself off.

Its like ignoring that your stove is on and thinking that it'll turn itself off.

Holy crap that's a brilliant metaphor no joke.

on the flip side wtf do you accomplish by being a pernus over the internet

probably nothing but bitterness and maybe a pat on the back if you're lucky

people also have an unhealthy habit of thinking that people will understand you better if you respond aggressively

on the flip side wtf do you accomplish by being a pernus over the internet

probably nothing but bitterness and maybe a pat on the back if you're lucky

people also have an unhealthy habit of thinking that people will understand you better if you respond aggressively
ah yes, criticizing a con artist on the internet and drawing support away from her is "responding aggressively."

i can't speak for everyone but i'd say anita has been a lot more aggresive. e.g., the picture above

ah dont you just love the people trying to stop gamergate? such heroic, brave souls.
for example:

I'm not referring to kimon, but referring to the source of his avy

ah yes, criticizing a con artist on the internet and drawing support away from her is "responding aggressively."

i can't speak for everyone but i'd say anita has been a lot more aggresive. e.g., the picture above
i have absolutely no discrimination in when it is okay to be an unpleasant human being: never

i don't care who's doing it more or who's worse, it's all bad in all its forms and abstractions

there's a clear difference between level-headedly providing a contrary point of view and outright attacking people and telling them they're wrong

So like
here's what I understand

Anti-gamergate people are pissed at Zoe Quinn and say it's about ethics but really stupid then some 4chan guy comes and says "oh yeah right uh like yeah it was me all along with that stupid twitter feed" and then the pro-gamergate people are like "you must be a raped downsyndrome baby to support any fo this" I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING.