Author Topic: "Wolfy" - Banned for reason "no"  (Read 4062 times)

I would suggest since he "Does this all the time" you stop afflaiting him with your clan.
This piece of stuff doesnt deserve respect from a clan.

This ^

This ^
My clan is based off of RP skill rather than how long one holds grudges against innocent players, but I will consider demoting him
It is fairly unnecessary to say that when I had already responded, but if you're asking for a more in-depth response, there's a lot more to the clan than being a good host and/or person, but I believe the proper course of action would be to remove affiliation with his server rather than his person, and will do so.

Here's a general rule of thumb for bans like these:

If you are banned within 30 seconds of joining a server or banned after only limited innocuous chat, it's likely that the person who banned you recognized you and doesn't want you on the server.

If you are banned for the reason "no," your directly previous action was most likely their reasoning. Since, for you, this was joining or saying "hi" this also supports the idea that the person who banned you didn't like you before you joined.

Basically, Wolfy doesn't like you. As a result you are not welcome on his server and likely any servers that he administrates. If you want the ban lifted, you're going to have to convince Wolfy that his opinion of you is wrong. Dramaing him is probably the worst thing you can do. Whoops.

Here's a general rule of thumb for bans like these:

If you are banned within 30 seconds of joining a server or banned after only limited innocuous chat, it's likely that the person who banned you recognized you and doesn't want you on the server.

If you are banned for the reason "no," your directly previous action was most likely their reasoning. Since, for you, this was joining or saying "hi" this also supports the idea that the person who banned you didn't like you before you joined.

Basically, Wolfy doesn't like you. As a result you are not welcome on his server and likely any servers that he administrates. If you want the ban lifted, you're going to have to convince Wolfy that his opinion of you is wrong. Dramaing him is probably the worst thing you can do. Whoops.
I can confirm that Wolfly had a grudge on game, but it originated from minor actions more than a year ago and I don't think anyone believes it to be justified.

It really doesn't matter if it's justified to anyone other than Wolfy. As I said, the only way to get Wolfy to give up his grudge is to convince him that his grudge is wrong or overdue. Dramaing him might convince other people, but it's really more likely to make him hate you more.

whatever happened to the good ol "inform server admins of misleading ban"

i'll probably be corrected due to the possibility of the host not being able to be contacted whatsoever, but discussing this "grudge" with him seems to be the best of both options. but if he's being uncooperative, THAT'S when you go for the drama.

It really doesn't matter if it's justified to anyone other than Wolfy. As I said, the only way to get Wolfy to give up his grudge is to convince him that his grudge is wrong or overdue. Dramaing him might convince other people, but it's really more likely to make him hate you more.
whatever happened to the good ol "inform server admins of misleading ban"

i'll probably be corrected due to the possibility of the host not being able to be contacted whatsoever, but discussing this "grudge" with him seems to be the best of both options. but if he's being uncooperative, THAT'S when you go for the drama.
He has been uncooperative, and hasn't even shared why he has a grudge against Game. Also, I'd like to stress that the drama topic is not directed at Wolfy, as far as I know he has done nothing to damage his reputation. The drama is directed at Wolfly, the OP made a typo that cannot be fixed.

...the OP made a typo that cannot be fixed.

It can be fixed if we all coordinate.

Honestly I don't know who Wolfly or Wolfy are, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me. But sure.

god damn this is not drama worthy you all know to put it in here

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=32719.0
Unless a site admin/moderator made that megathread and demanded that everyone use it, then no ban ever has to go there.