Is there a way to convert .mp4's to .mp3's?

Author Topic: Is there a way to convert .mp4's to .mp3's?  (Read 1755 times)

okay i got it
ty for assistance
(especially pecon because i used freac)

if you guys want 2 still argue and stuff you can

If AAC (which is what the audio codec is called, if you did indeed know jack stuff about it) is stuff then why don't you do a listening test for me at 256kb/s which is the bitrate of audio that apple releases in its music store and see if you can tell any damn difference

Video codecs are an entirely different story. Video at high resolutions inherently needs a much higher bitrate than what youtube provides to look the same to the original. Audio is generally identical sounding to the original at 128kb/s, video (depending on the resolution) can range from 4000-8000kb/s (or higher if it's 4k resolution) because you just need that much more information to make a really nice looking mp4.

Calm down bleeding heart Apple boy. I didn't say a thing about Apple's codec. But since you mentioned It.
It only existed as a tool to force the sales and control of  naive Apple user's purchases. Especially when using Apple software. When it's of equal quality to mp3 it was always unessisary.

Also forget Mp4. Lol the poor man's avi

Calm down bleeding heart Apple boy. I didn't say a thing about Apple's codec. But since you mentioned It.
It only existed as a tool to force the sales and control of  naive Apple user's purchases. Especially when using Apple software. When it's of equal quality to mp3 it was always unessisary.

By mentioning mp4 audio you indirectly mentioned the AAC codec, as that's what 99% of youtube videos use. It's quite clear to me now that you don't know what you're talking about here because if you did you would have known that. You also would have known that you don't encode videos with avi as it's just a container format for a plethora of different video codecs.

Yet this entire topic is about.User being limited by mp4. And wanting out by changing his stuff over to a proper format that can be used.
You are putting up a solely pro Apple fight while offering him no solution other then that he was just fine.

You can use foobar2000 to convert between pretty much every single audio file type format. It's really nice. It's also an amazing music player. I highly reccommend it.
If it's in video then you can use Audacity's "Import Audio" feature and open up the video file and it'll extract the audio, then you can export it into whatever format.

Clearly, i'm no help whatsoever

lul wat
H.264 is one of the best compression methods for video, everyone uses it because as long as you know how to encode with it, it produces AMAZING video at a fraction of the space that AVI does.

Yea screw AVI
I really wish there was an option for FRAPs to compress the video file to MP4 after you have finished recording

Yeah I've never had a problem with MP4, it's always rendered very nicely for me.

uhm
i put it into sony vegas and export it as an mp3
if it's a song you need just look it up on soulseek or some stuff

uhm
i put it into sony vegas and export it as an mp3
if it's a song you need just look it up on soulseek or some stuff
freac is a much more efficient way to do this.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:19:33 PM by Pecon »

I don't get what the issue is right now, freac can convert MP4 to MP3 just fine. Why hasn't OP actually tried anything yet?
Actually, ayx took your advice and used freac and is 100% happy with the results. right at the top of the page c:

i just wanted the argument to keep goin on with ipcutie and bisjac
i didnt want to interrupt it

Sorry, but no. I edit video for jobs, and when I have a video in 720p that I export as AVI and it's over 200 GB, well, that's no good. That's a tenth of my entire HD. So I compress it down to a high quality mp4 which reduces it to under 4 GB, with a fairly minimal loss in noticeable quality - in other words, you likely wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking for it.

Use camtasia and separate the video from audio then upload as mp3. Easy, I do it all the time