Author Topic: My friend has been awaiting trial in prison for 4 years wrongly  (Read 1201 times)

Hey guys, there's a friend of mine that's been in prison in australia for 4 years without trial for something he didn't do. So, if you could take the time to share this post and raise awareness so that something actually gets done about this absolute insult to human rights, I'd really appreciate it. http://freebeule.com/faq/ for more info on the case!

This guy was the nicest guy going, and quite possibly was my role model when I met him 8 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm5QhWhYJKU <-- this is a video of him using his improvised roller skates made from a skateboard. They were awesome.

Please guys, take 5 minutes of your time to possibly share this around facebook; whatever, just make it so people know what's going on. It's not right what is happening here.

Information: http://freebeule.com/info/ (the page is translated from german, so try ignore grammar mistakes etc)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:17:42 PM by Makingblah »

So isn't this illegal in pretty much every first world country?

What did he supposedly do to land him in that situation?

Australians go pretty hardcore patrolling their coastline. It's a goddamn shame. Supported.

In any UN member nation really. International maritime law applies to all members.

Did you click the links in the OP?

Assuming we're getting the full story, he was on a boat that was near another boat that had cocaine on it.

Did you click the links in the OP?
Ah, i only saw the youtube link and not the first one

Yes, apart from Australia.

Australians go pretty hardcore patrolling their coastline. It's a goddamn shame. Supported.
He was actually sailing in international waters; he wasn't even going to Australia either I also believe.

There's almost certainly an actual reason he's being held. Like, what, you think they just thought it'd be funny or something?

There's almost certainly an actual reason he's being held. Like, what, you think they just thought it'd be funny or something?
You underestimate human stupidity.

Did they give him a drug test? Or you know, search the loving boat?

He cannot afford the bail. He's being accused of transferring $160,000,000 worth of cocaine onto another boat. That's a lot of money for someone who would dig through trash and repair old bikes for fun (I learnt a lot about bikes from him).

Did they give him a drug test? Or you know, search the loving boat?
Not sure if they took drug tests, I know he's a hippy that would drink beer and smoke an odd joint but that's it. There was absolutely no evidence of cocaine ever being present whatsoever found on the boat.
Also, cocaine doesn't last long in your system. It would be unlikely to find traces of cocaine even if he had taken any, but then evidence of cocaine would have probably been found on board if he was taking any, which there wasn't.

he was accused of smuggling drugs, namely cocaine

If he were an American soldier arrested on false charges in some foreign land, you'd have the backing of the entirety of the Fox news organization trying to get this guy freed.

Why did they even try moving half a ton of cocaine at once? Come on, that's only asking for trouble.

Why did they even try moving half a ton of cocaine at once? Come on, that's only asking for trouble.

Because a majority of criminals are idiots/desperate.