1 (7.7%)
Jump ahead in time.
2 (15.4%)
Do some event.
4 (30.8%)
Abort thread.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Anagaea II – A New Age of Empires [1117 AD]  (Read 110940 times)

In order to facilitate further restorative efforts, the new communal farms are each given a Kai of Agriculture or Ecology of sufficient prestige in order to manage and effectively increase the output for the farms, unless they currently were being run by a Kai already loyal to the new regime.

Workers previously invested in several ongoing construction projects are given tasks more focused on improving existing local infrastructure instead of finishing the construction of further ornate temples and the like. The new state mandated style of architecture relied on much more simple and cost-effective building techniques, sacrificing aesthetics for long term stability and lower maintenance for repairs.

The Arm of Bao begins sending investigators to determine if certain citizens or officials may be hoarding their wealth and one such official found in the oft neglected township of Winouaka was found to have amassed a large amount of medicine and lumber which he neglected to tell the nation. After being confronted he attempted to rouse the local militia to his aide but the short rebellion was quickly dispatched by the well-trained Arm without any civillian casualties.
The confiscated goods were redistributed to the local officials in the region who were tasked in making sure they were used for the good of the civilians, with a portion being taken as back-taxes to the capitol.

Atenisia provides their navy in use for South Calzone.

A question unrelated to current circumstances but I don't know specifically who to ask, but it does pertain to upcoming world events: Spies. While always present since the dawn of politics, espionage probably is going to start playing an important role in the upcoming years as groups become more internationally influential and such. Basically, how are we to handle secret societies and spies without the public posting of their actions giving away their origin etc.

A question unrelated to current circumstances but I don't know specifically who to ask, but it does pertain to upcoming world events: Spies. While always present since the dawn of politics, espionage probably is going to start playing an important role in the upcoming years as groups become more internationally influential and such. Basically, how are we to handle secret societies and spies without the public posting of their actions giving away their origin etc.
you just pm mods your actions
espionage has been used for longer then you think friend
;)

Considering an Ateni invasion probable, the New Union ramps up production of naval vessels utilizing serial production, and sends both ships and troops to Turtle Island as a precautionary measure.  It is rumored that rebel forces in Calzone are being supported by Avalonian connections in Ormica and land routes, but these rumors remain unconfirmed by travelers and officials and are generally regarded as false.

Taking into consideration the growing strength of the New Union and the success of recent banquets, Ormica and the sister state to the Britonic States are invited to send permanent observers or ambassadors to the New Union High Command under the provision that this relationship be reciprocal (or join and have full-fledged voting representatives if they would like).  Graniaton's king is invited to a feast like those attended by the leaders of Ormica and the Britonic States' sister state.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:58:36 PM by Plethora »

"generally regarded as false"

Not really, if we heard these rumors we would do something and search into it.
Y'know, with the mutual hatred between HRE and Avalonia for them being a richard pushing out Cassian faith.

Didn't I say that there would be Avalonian equipment found in Calzone?  Pretty sure that HN officials would be able to distinguish between old wear and new wear.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:37:43 AM by SWAT One »

Did I say I was sending stuff?  No.  I said there are rumors.  In actuality, the New Union is not sending anything at this point.  If I were looking to get into a war, then I would; these rumors are simply the result of the perception of some that the New Union is on the brink of war.  You'll note that these rumors are unsubstantiated not just by officials, but by travelers as well.  Once again, however, if you want to start something where I will not, be my guest.

Nonono not now, I mean way back like 50+ years, but at this point it probably wouldn't be as easily distinguished.

Conservatia meanwhile simply goes about conducting military exercises and sending minimal forces of a few hundred a year to aid in warfare in South Calzone to appease the pope. The crown begins to gather funds aside for a unknown reason or another.

I was saying that recent rumors are unfounded.  I won't speak as to past rumors and/or investigation, however.

After many years, the state mine is reopened to once again begin the extraction of resources near Roussa. The farms nearby the city are also reopened with the gradual resumption of normal climate patterns, allowing for less distance needed to ship the foods and such to supply this mine, the advances in crop output able to be achieved by the techniques of the Kai, allow fewer farms needed to supply this region as well.

Instead of the resources being sold off in bulk to neighboring city states as had occured under the previous administration, the state begins the process of collecting and storing the majority of gems and silver extracted from the Navaro mine, and the other metals from the other mines in the area, with citizen magistrates being able to petition for the local allocation of resources supposing they had adequate need.

Atenisia comments on Conservatia's low participation in the war effort; they say that they are one of the biggest of HN and should contribute more.

Atenisia comments on Conservatia's low participation in the war effort; they say that they are one of the biggest of HN and should contribute more.

Conservatia points out that it had completely conquered several states whom had reverted to barbaric ways and proposed a massive threat to the papacy. Its own efforts have paid off, and that it is recovering from what losses it took during the conquering of the western albitonic states from the heathens and heretics that had made it their goals to obstruct what they strived to build. It also states that the pope is lucky that they are sending any troops at all given the circumstances of Atenisia intruding on its war of the western states without any acknowledgement from the pope, while it continues to be a faithful follower of the papacy and god.

Conservatia also states that it became big because of its efforts for the god and the papacy, and that it won't tolerate any mention of lack of contribution. Instead of complaining, Conservatia says that Atenisia should strive to be as faithful as Conservatia is, and that perhaps god will bestow them with that miracle.