1 (7.7%)
Jump ahead in time.
2 (15.4%)
Do some event.
4 (30.8%)
Abort thread.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Anagaea II – A New Age of Empires [1117 AD]  (Read 110901 times)

I'm sorry if I can't think of anything funny about the Aspidis-Albiton peace treaty or landlocked Galumnia sailing to that part of the world.  I have noticed what you're saying, however, and will attempt to make Atensiaball more multinational.
thank you

Lol.

Also, Erinaum agrees.  Erinaum's fastest ship is sent home to find that a small Bequelan fleet is searching for Xianxan northward, but has no idea where it is.  The ship releases messenger hawks to Xianxan and then turns around, hoping that it hadn't been seen.

Yes.  Sorry.  I've literally had my schedule packed since Tuesday.  Update on Saturday.

Atenisia expands.
As cartographer I must say that if you're not more specific than that I can't update the map according to your wishes.  Also, you should do some warring or diplomacy first, yes?

More Avalonian warships arrive at the city and the fleet, over 200 strong, readies itself to set sail.  Troop ships are to follow once the risk of Bequelan naval attacks is extensively lessened.  Several warships will stay behind in the area to protect the way to Avalonia and to help relay information to and from the front, and a large fleet will remain at Avalonia to protect the fatherland.

Atenisia expands west around the Albitonic lands in order to gain more farmland.

The people around these areas are relatively peaceful. Just simple farming folk who have the same culture-ish-ish as Atenisia.

Xianxan, upon receiving notice of the incoming Bequelan assault fleet, hastily builds 20 ships as a defense, enough to match the enemy fleet in number, but not in quality or craftsmanship.

The Erinamese fleet to follow the Avalonian fleet by a day's travel time, enters with 300 warships, to be followed by the many hundreds of troop carriers by about two miles behind.

Avalonia contemplates solving this diplomatically and sends a message to Erinaum recommending this.  They know we're coming, worst case scenario still have to raze their lands.

Another 20,000 Avalonian troops land on the formerly Plexian island to reinforce the city and prepare for the invasion of the Bequelans.  5,000 will remain behind to garrison the city alongside its permanent garrison.

Avalonia uses its connections gained through trade to get spies and scouts (obviously not ethnic Avalonians, but some hired people and all that sort of stuff) to get some better intel on the condition of the Bequelans and knowledge of their operations, weak suits, &c.

The scouting parties sent west find the Bequeleans.

(swat one, please tell me what happens)

Auria

Government:
Meritocracy
Council (called the Council of the Enlightened)

Head(s) of state: Alexander (head councilman), Marcus (political/diplomatic), Charles II (economic), Catherine (cultural), and several minor affairs councilmen.
Prominent government members: Damian (Head of Defense) and William (Mayor of the Capitol)
Capitol city: Argent
Intentions of your government: To live and prosper from economic potential and scientific curiosity.
The roots and ancestry of this country begin with a few brave nomadic explorers. Eventually the great Charles discovers gold in the mountains and settles there, planning a great empire where gold lines the streets. Argent lies in the middle of the country, where the plains, hills and mountains meet. After some decent growth, the small society decides to permanently settle. Auria now stretches out with a couple hamlets and towns outlying in both the mountains and plains/hills. In the mountains, mining towns dot the landscape and work away at the rich transition metal deposits. In the hills and plains, nobility and farmers work away. The farmers bringing in crops for the them and the mining towns. The nobility educate themselves and ponder life, nobility is mostly composed of great intellectuals. Few of these nobles are picked for the council, which is into its first generation; the others work on in research and development.

Foreign relations:
Military Alliances: None
Trade partners: Caprica, Atenisia, Espovon
Organizations: None
Collaborating with: No one
We desire trade with fellow countries to help bring forth new friendships.

Demographics:
Model culture: Anglo-Saxon
Population: 50,400 people
Official language: English
Other languages: None
Demonym: Aurian
Currency: Gold coins (often called Charlies, due to Charles leading the explorers in finding gold along the mountains)
Merchants and artisans make up the general "well-spoken" population. Other workers such as miners are a definite back bone. There are some farmers, but due to the geographic location of Auria, they aren't as prominent.

Military:
10,000 able bodied soldiers composed of an well balanced ratio of swordsmen, cavalry and archers.

Sorry it took me so long...

The scouting parties sent west find the Bequeleans.

(swat one, please tell me what happens)
The Bequelans are interested in the foreigners, and ask what it is to offer, though in a demeaning manner to the Galaumians.

The Erinamese party lands three days before the Avalonian party.  Erinaum's army begins marching, and the Erinamese warships that were out at sea begin to scour the coast and head inland, decimating several ships with volleys of flaming arrows, or by ramming ships with armored steel prows.  Other techniques at sea involve boarding the ships and causing mayhem on the decks.

As the Bequelan tactics at sea are superior, but the number of Erinamese-Avalonian ships are much greater, the favor slides slightly to the Erinamese-Avalonian forces.

The Erinamese cavalry rides ahead into the southern Bequelan region carrying longspears (Chinese: guan dao), crossbows or clawed hook-like implements on the end of chains for wreaking havoc on buildings.  An ambitious captain by the name of Zasu Nemak founds an elite force among the cavalry, called the "Seli Morutan" or the "Elite Riders."  They carry two Tyuço, and several clay pots filled with oil.  On their horse is also a crossbow mount, holding a crossbow with an attached sac of oil that the rider can use to dip bolts into to fire at oil-drenched objects.

The regular cavalry and Seli Morutan are instructed to attack random targets to strike fear into the prideful race.

The Erinamese army follow, dealing precisely with military targets.  In attempting to avoid civilian casualties in the infantry units, Erinaum finds that a good number of civilians are dangerous.  The news is sent to Avalonia right away, in a letter from General Yisao Parein advising "...that if any civilian begins to rise up against you, it be best to strike them down without hesitation.  Scores upon scores of my men have already fallen to some concealed weapon from a civilian, sometimes gangs, which me may believe to be some possibly secret military [members].  It is also possible and wise to believe that conscription and military training of all citizens is active, since even many female 'civilians' have taken the lives of the soldiers."

Jesus Christ is born and dies in the islands to the east of Albiton.  The religion created from his teachings spreads from island to island, and is now labeled as an underground cult in Albiton.  Missionaries also begin arriving to teach in southern Aspidis and Northern Atenisia.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:59:43 AM by SWAT One »

Atenisia will do whatever Albiton does to the missionaries, but for now, they don't give a flying forget.

Oh, btw, poll posted.  I want to know all of your thoughts.

Random events are both good and bad, but they usually have no basis behind them:
If you are doing great and for no reason you get a stuffty dice roll, it can ruin you. But dice rolls are an important factor, but it can't be the only one.