Author Topic: Can someone explain the difference between passive and active voice simply?  (Read 539 times)

So for my online school, we have this bs system called study island that we have to do every week, but I'm completely stuck on this one lesson.

Can someone explain it in a way that I can see the difference more clearly?
I mean I can tell an active voice from a passive, but somehow not the other way around.
And for bonus internet points, can someone also explain what a "change in voice" looks like too?

this website has a good explanation and helped me when I was working on active/passive voices for school

and a change in voice is when you take the phrase that makes the sentence active/passive and rewrite the sentence so that it swaps position with the other phrase.

if that makes sense
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:13:58 PM by ResonKinetic »

this website has a good explanation and helped me when I was working on active/passive voices for school
that does help thanks
but I still need the change in voice whatever, it's like a third of the questions now

that does help thanks
but I still need the change in voice whatever, it's like a third of the questions now

edited muh post

also, that website can probably explain it better than me

under the "changing active to passive voice" tab.

so "changing" is basically like swapping and structuring the sentence around that swap of phrases.