Any spanish ppl here? I have a test tomorrow.

Author Topic: Any spanish ppl here? I have a test tomorrow.  (Read 971 times)

Aye mates, so basically i have an spanish test tomorrow and I just wanna ask a few questions out of curiosity if anyone knows.

What is the difference between "Que hay" and "Que tal"? I know they both mean "How are you doing" but what is the difference?

How do you speak so fast?

Why do you have so many verbs for being, such as Estar, Ser, and Tener? forget my ass.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:19:27 PM by Mocha Furrier »

I heard portuguese is the same thing as spanish in america...

I heard portuguese is the same thing as spanish in america...
huh?

estar is how you feel or where you are

ser is what you are

"yo estoy enfermo"
"I feel sick"

"Yo soy muy alto"
"I am very tall"

also i think tener means "to have"

huh?

that means if that I start speaking portuguese in any game in a gringo server there's a 100% chance of they calling me spanish while I am not.

haber means to be or there is, like if you say "hay cuatro amigos," there are four friends, literally and physically. Que tal or Que pasa or Que hay is informal like you're talking to your friend and its like hola que tal?

1 - ''Qué hay'' and ''Qué tal'' can be used as salutations and ways to ask things. Qué hay can be used for asking where is a thing and Qué tal can be used for asking how good/bad is a thing.
For example:
¿Qué tal/Qué hay? - What's up?
¿Qué tal está la comida? - How (good/bad) is the food?
¿Qué tal está el videojuego? - How (good/bad) is the videogame?
¿Qué hay en la caja? - What is there in the box?
¿Qué hay sobre la mesa? - What is there on the table?

2 - It's just practice. Some pronunciations are different to english (especially the ñ).

3 - Estar does have the following times: Está (present), Estuvo/Estaba (past), Estará (future).
Ser: Es (present), Fue/Era (past), Será (future).
Tener: Tiene (present), Tuvo/Tenía (past), Tendrá (future).

The verb estar is used in things as mood, location and others.
Yo estoy (first person, singular) triste. - I am sad.
Yo estaba en la parada de bus. - I was in the bus stop.

The verb ser can be used in mood, appearances and others.
Ella es una persona triste. - She is a sad person.
El será alto. - He will be tall.

The verb tener is used in possession.
Ella tiene una PC. - She has a PC
El tenía un carro. - He had a car.

Yeah, thanks guys. Pronunciation isn't a problem, I'm not originally even english. Thanks for the dedication.

To add to this, google translate seems horrible. My book doesn't match anything what is written there.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:14:29 PM by Mocha Furrier »

that means if that I start speaking portuguese in any game in a gringo server there's a 100% chance of they calling me spanish while I am not.
remarkably they sound very similar

One must be very dumb to think that portuguese is the same thing as spanish.

Você fala Português? Eu posso falar Português, mas não muito bem.
Hablas Portugués? Yo puedo hablar Portugués, pero no muy bien.

Portuguese and spanish are very similar, but you can difference texts by seeing the diacritics.
Spanish has the letters á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ. Portuguese has the letters ã, õ, à, á, é, í, ó, ú, â, ê, ô.

One must be very dumb to think that portuguese is the same thing as spanish.

Você fala Português? Eu posso falar Português, mas não muito bem.
Hablas Portugués? Yo puedo hablar Portugués, pero no muy bien.

Portuguese and spanish are very similar, but you can difference texts by seeing the diacritics.
Spanish has the letters á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ. Portuguese has the letters ã, õ, à, á, é, í, ó, ú, â, ê, ô.

das is tru. I have been reading spanish for a few weeks and I can already tell the difference.