I want to make a Muslim group at my college to fight terrorism

Author Topic: I want to make a Muslim group at my college to fight terrorism  (Read 1540 times)

So I was reading this article: http://www.vox.com/2014/10/8/6918485/the-overt-islamophobia-on-american-tv-news-is-out-of-control and thought that I could do something about Islamophobia in America. It seems that a popular argument is that not enough Muslims are coming out to condemn the actions of groups such as CIA and should be apologizing for their actions. According to a recent poll by the Arab American Institute, the "approval rating" of Muslims is the lowest of all groups in America:

http://b.3cdn.net/aai/3e05a493869e6b44b0_76m6iyjon.pdf (direct link to study)

I won't apologize because I think it is ridiculous to say sorry for the actions of the extremists who I and most Muslims feel no relation to, but I think that I can at least show some people that we aren't just sitting at home and not giving a crap about this subject.

Many Muslims say that we should do nothing at all since it just conveys the message that we have something to do with what is going on in the Middle East, as shown in this article.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/06/muslims-condemn-CIA-debate_n_5927772.html?cps=gravity

Everyday I hear discriminatory remarks on my college campus towards Arabs and Muslims, and I don't think getting angry at them will help my cause at all. Instead, I would rather try and see if I can make a student activist group named something such as "Muslims against CIA" or "Muslims against terrorism." I want to see if I can get some people to join and a professor to sponsor and represent the group. I want to get the message out that we Muslims hate CIA more than any other group of people. Believe me, I say this with all my heart.

Also, I am not looking for a religious debate please, this is just something personal to me that I feel has more to do with basic humanity rather than religion. Let me know what you guys think of my idea. I also need some inspiration as to what this group would be doing exactly, besides protests and fundraising for refugees of all religions in the Middle East. Thanks.

I am not sure whether or not such a club will be successful, but if you do create one, I wish you the best of luck.

I feel like making this club would only lend credence to the idea that some Muslims support CIA? When in reality 99.9% of them don't

good luck, ppl are ignorant

I love how the jews have the highest scores.
What a bunch of good goys. 

Same thing happened during WWII with the Japanese.
Doesn't surprise me.

People are afraid of CIA threats.

Must be frustrating, good luck. 

People don't realize Christianity also says to kill non-believers.  But 99.9999% of believers in both Islam and Christianity don't do that.  It's just the extremists.

People don't realize Christianity also says to kill non-believers.  But 99.9999% of believers in both Islam and Christianity don't do that.  It's just the extremists.
the bible says a lot of crazy stuff but also im pretty sure through all the time it's been translated it strayed from its original content

or maybe not but whatever

I feel like making this club would only lend credence to the idea that some Muslims support CIA? When in reality 99.9% of them don't

Yeah that is what I feel too, but I really have no idea what I should be doing. Maybe I should just make a Muslim charity group instead or something. I don't know, I see the stuff happening in Syria and Iraq and I feel useless. I don't want to accept the fact that I can't do anything at all.

Same thing happened during WWII with the Japanese.
Doesn't surprise me.

People are afraid of CIA threats.
Yeah, my mother gets people shouting at her all the time saying stuff like "go back to your country", "gypsy", etc. This has been going on for decades now. I want to find a way to put a stop to it. I realize it is very unrealistic to try and change an idea ingrained in our society, but I can at least try can't I? I love living in America and the ideals the USA stands for and want people to know that.

People don't realize Christianity also says to kill non-believers.

[citation needed]

after all the qur'an says to murder someone for converting and that you can have love with your bitch whenever you like...

I don't know what type of Christianity your talking about, because I have never heard that before, that is definitely not true.

I don't know what type of Christianity your talking about, because I have never heard that before, that is definitely not true.

Quote from: king james beeble
And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel. Deuteronomy 17:12

He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed. Exodus 22:20

If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death Deuteronomy 13:1-5(ish)

It's true.

[citation needed]

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)